Evolve 6" tires?

It is 60mm inside dimensions for a tire to sit on according to my measurements. I’ll get exact ones this weekend though when I can grab my calipers.

by hand i can stretch the tires, but the profile becomes really flat - in that scenario does the tube actually deform to a flatter shape while inflating or how does this work out usually ?

The tube is a balloon, it’ll conform to the internal shape of the tyre.

1 Like

ok, it seems im giving this a go then - for science !
ill update you with the results

2 Likes

As long as you don’t try to fit a ridiculously big inner tube to a small tyre, everything should be fine. 165mm tube to wide 160mm or wide 155mm tyre should be fine.

1 Like

im using the standard evolve 6" innertubes that came with the tires - my fear is/was that these tubes are too narrow, but if they deform like you say i guess it will work out

1 Like

The tubes will inflate and flatten out, they’re not responsible for the shape or even the pressure rating (except the valve area), just there for being airtight.

1 Like

allright i see, thanks for the quick responses - lets see how this turns out

1 Like

You sir were correct. Got the 155s on the 3ds 3.75 hubs.

5 Likes

sweet baby jesus that looks nice… now i’ll have to do the spendies on them 3ds hubs :sweat_smile:
do you have evolve 6" tires to try on them? curious how both ride compared to bergs

1 Like

I don’t :slightly_frowning_face: it was a choice between the evolve 6 inch or these 155s figured I’d play it safe.

2 Likes

Metro 155’s gang :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

they say nylon on them, are they about as hard as alibaba 6x2s?

1 Like

Yea I would say so. Maybe a tad softer. They fit real nice. I think if you tried with enough effort you can get the 6inch tires on there. I do think someone did it above in this thread. But it’ll be right for sure.

3 Likes

Do you think those metro tires will fit Torque Boards a.t. rims?

1 Like

You know what with the right side tube yea I think they will. TB rims are a tad smaller than the trampa 6.5 hubs which is what I had on before. TB tires are 160x50 so I do think they would fit.

Granted I’m not 100% sure but based on getting these smaller tires to fit on a bigger rim I think it would work.

2 Likes

Yeah, they should fit.

5 Likes

@malJohann, @sesat , @Creavenger , @BearHere

sad news guys, the evolve tires definetly dont fit in this setup, they never get to touch the sidewalls :sob:

seems like i have to try other ones at some point, because it doesnt look like you could adjust the adapter for less width easily and even then it looks like the tires want to stretch upwards more than sideways… experiemnt failed i guess :confused:

8 Likes

How about their 175mm tires? Stretched over wider hubs they should come to around 165mm.

1 Like

Also, sorry it didn’t work out, and thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes