Everything that makes your ride safe

As @deckoz says, Leatt Body Armour 5.5 is a good choice

3 Likes

…until u fall in the wrong place at the right time and wish you had just worn full finger gloves instead of feeling comfy during spring/summer in fingerless =P

13 Likes

Your first human inclination is to try to block your fall with your hand. Try to avoid that. If possible you want to roll. The best way to minimize the impact is to hit shoulder, elbow, then hand last. You actually want to try to smack the ground with your palm once the other impacts have slowed your rate of fall. Think of your arms or your legs as whips you want to use with the final snap being hand or foot hitting. That helps dissipate the energy.

I spent a lot of years in wrestling and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournaments. I pretty much always wear Flatland half finger gloves and I’ve gone down more than a few times without a mark on my fingers. Probably just luck but knowing how to fall helps. Maybe why so many esk8ers are drunks. Remember though, it is best to be both but if you can only be one or the other it is better to be lucky than good.

5 Likes

BRO reading my mind. I know how to fall because I used to dance haha

2 Likes

One of the most known things Napoleon never said.

I know he’s a good general, but is he lucky?

2 Likes

The leatt seems like good protection but it is not very pretty. Not that armor is pretty but I’d rather it be less shouty.

I’m eyeballing alpinestars now.

1 Like

Just riffing on the whiskey thread.

If you are referring to the luck statement I am quoting only myself. I added the “it is better to be both” part to the old saying that it is better to be lucky than good. I have been telling employees that for at least 20 years. This saying been proven to be true in recent years, at least with respect to financial success.

Got these btr gloves and i love em, throw the flatland 3d remote slide puck on for maximum sweetness.

3 Likes

Ive got a pair on the way. Can’t wait to try them out.

2 Likes

Damn that looks way better than my old puck gloves.

1 Like

Gotta look cute on sat rides

3 Likes

Mine are bright red and look like 60s driver gloves haha

4 Likes

Where did you find these? I’ve been searching for a neoprene-like tipped glove for finger control.

1 Like

@deckoz what’s a “list” of the gear you use?

@esk8manbabes i have that bionic and happy with it. It’s still comfortable to wear in summer and saved me from some nasty road rash multiple times (yes I fall often when i‘m off-road :sweat_smile:)
Not sure if the breast protection would be needed that big, but it doesn’t bother me anyway. So all in all i can just recommend that one.

1 Like

I only wear underwear when I ride, keeps me safe from crazy NYC guys

2 Likes

@DEEIF
https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/wiki-safety-gear/77726/16?u=grozniy

2 Likes

@deckoz btw you could totally create a new thread/guide on safety gear

3 Likes

anyone tried the trampa booty wrap? that thing looks like it would offer some serious ass protection. I’m currently using;

661 Reset Full face mtb helmet
leather motorbike jacket with all the padding
draggin kevlar jeans
motorbike gloves with pointer and thumb tips cut off
g-form knee
g-form elbow
g-form shorts
g-form shirt
sector 9 bhnc slide gloves, also with pointer and thumb tips cut off. need to modify the pucks a bit for the remote, got some velcro patches, just gotta get around to doing it

mix and match depending on the ride. would like to get a better fitting leather jacket, the one I’ve got is a bit bulky and loose. armoured hoodie would be good too.

2 Likes

I picked up this moose racing armored shirt, it’s GREAT. Seriously. Lightweight, pads in chest, elbows, forearms, back, shoulders. The best part is it’s super fast to put on/take off (see pic). Put a denim jacket on top to soak up the slide, and upper body is covered.

https://www.revzilla.com/dirt-bike/moose-racing-xc1-body-armor

4 Likes