Everything that makes your ride safe

I was just looking at this yesterday! I opted for a vest for my first armor purchase but I really like this.

2 Likes

Reading this thread has me all noidy now. I really should be wearing this stuff all the time. Especially seeing your latest missing skin. Hope you’re healing well btw. Might head down to my local mx shop and see what they have.

3 Likes

I always thought elbows, hand, and head protection and I’m good. My 2 wounds that are abysmally bad are in spots that vest would protect 100%.

Chest protection is fine but it’s the back protection that would have saved my… skin.

Once more for disgust.

8 Likes

Yeah my first comment still stands. Dates off

1 Like

Ouch man that looks painful.

1 Like

I learned the hard way, get low. If you are standing up tall then the fall will be that much worse if you get down low then the fall wont hurt so much you just have to worry about sliding it out.

I fell hard in a tuck position and I’m still recovering. Now my tuck is even lower lol.

3 Likes

It’s coming up on 8 weeks since I had ankle surgery from an esk8 fall. It will still be a couple months before I step on my board so in the meantime I’m upgrading my equipment. I’m looking for knee pads now but can’t decide. I’ve never worn them since I never fall on my knees but I have to learn how to fall while protecting my ankles. Usually I take two running steps before a barrel roll which works but this time I broke my ankle on the first step going about 18mph.

I know I should probably get knee pads with a hard shell but should I get the ones that are more flat so I can slide or do the smaller rounded hard shells work the same? I also bought stiffer high tops and I’ll be wearing a sturdy ankle brace. I was looking at the triple eight street knee pads and the kp22 but they look HUGE. I’d rather buy low profile knee pads if you guys can recommend something.

The best kneepads there are

1 Like

TSG Force VA my friend or
TSG dhp
Killer Pro 187
Better be huge and safe than 10k surgery bill. Also esk8 doesn’t get chicks sadly so no need to be all cute and shirtless :rofl:

3 Likes

Demon podium - size medium, new but with damaged box on Amazon for $63. Couldn’t be happier. It feels much more sleek and fits better than my old large triple 8. I’m 5’10" 150 lbs for reference.

Before anyone says it, I removed the sticker :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

I went through several sets of skate kneepads. They are all too big and bulky. The only ones I still use are the G-Forms or these:

1 Like

I wasn’t planning to spend that much but I think I just have to. Those TSG dhp’s look really nice with the hard shell extending on the sides. I think they may be the winner.

Thanks for the help! Oh I’m married too so the time for looking cool has passed.

2 Likes

Married twice now for a total of >25 years. It’s not about cool. Its about comfort. I have a pair of these gathering dust:
https://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=17803

I would go without kneepads before I would wear them again.

I also have a pair of these. They are more comfortable but I still can’t remember the last time I wore them.
https://www.dakine.com/en-us/sport/bike/protection/anthem-knee-pads/

I didn’t click through but presume slippers? :grin:

1 Like

I hear you man. Except for the helmet all my equipment was added after learning the hard way. I’m trying to get ahead of the curve this time.

I like the pants but they look hot. In Florida it’s hot and humid most of the year so I’m not sure I want to ride in skinny jeans every time.

1 Like

You could wear these under shorts

Right @deckoz ?

1 Like

What do you make of the Leat shorts? I’m thinking of picking up some

The ones linked above

I’m ashamed to admit it but I’m worried about love handle damage, these have nice lips for that

Few days too late but I’m ready now dad.

4 Likes

Agreed I don’t want to end my modeling career early with that shit @Venom121212 pulled

2 Likes

No more backless dresses for me :cry:

5 Likes