Everything that makes your ride safe

This isnt a helmet or pads, but I do feel that it makes my ride safer.

11 Likes

One issue I see is the reliability of the motor brakes.

Why does it bother you?

i can confirm this too, wearing an empty backpack is working nicely.

2 times i had to run off and roll at about 40km/h, both times after the roll i just slid on my trusty backpack to the full stop - backpack not even barely damaged surprisingly and i got away with twisting my ankle

2 Likes

Not the knee?

1 Like

i just run 2-3 steps when i have to get off at speed and then do a “judo”-roll, best thing you can do

but on the second time in one of those steps my ankle tilted to the side… if i had taller shoes it wouldnt have happened probably and i would have gotten away without any noteworthy injury

keep rollin rollin rollin :joy:

2 Likes

Oida. Well, not with bindings.:joy:

1 Like

Oida? edit: ah you realized im austrian xD

nope , bindings are not for fast riding on asphalt

3 Likes

A gal of mine is austrian. She had her influence on me, but nonetheless I’m only offroad, so need bindings

1 Like

is there no safety solution for mtb bindings, like for example ski’s have ?

twisting my knee sounds like the worst thing to experience

1 Like

Why not attach neodymium magnets to your deck and shoes? Invisible bindings, million rupees idea

2 Likes

Mtbs are like snowboards.(you are like a rolling cylinder. Just roll with it. Skis are a another topic.

2 Likes

Probably best thing you can do is have proper gear on and roll it out instead of taking the force with your heels. That shit will hurt later.

1 Like

Weed brings down the speed twice…

5 Likes

Its based on electricity - if you run out of it, and you need to brake you be in trouble. I would like to see an motor that engages the brakes when there is a power loss.

For mtbs you can get mechanical brakes.

4 Likes

I share this same concern, but so is modern car brake systems with a booster. I see nothing wrong with a hydraulic mech brake system like @Andy87 mentioned. The biggest regret I’ve had in esk8 was not buying a brake board from the start.

i would love to see a hand brake lever mounted along the frontside edge of the board, so you can get low, basicly railgrab and pull the lever for emergency braking or drifting :joy:

edit: also have yet to see an esk8 with pogo style brakes
ignore the bare foot, its creeping me out aswell

3 Likes

You can always use Brakeboard

oh i wasnt aware these still exist…

but to be honest im myself not too keen of braking with my feet on the board,

hence my crazy idea with a regular car style handbrake lever along the board edge xD

remote controlled disc-brakes on the front truck with adjustable braking ratio front/back (motor brakes together with discs) would be kinda genious tho