Everything that makes your ride safe

Stretching is always a good idea. You’ll need the warmed up muscles when you fall and it helps less lactic acid build up which makes for longer rides and less soreness.

3 Likes

Isn’t the idea of a rheostatic to just brake across a phat resistor instead of your battery?
Correct me if I’m wrong lol.

So, I used these pads for a week, fell at 15 MPH, and never used them again. I ended up hurting my knee pretty bad because the soft pad stopped me from sliding. I went to a plastic shell knee pad. I had a fall at about 35 MPH and did not get hurt because I slid instead of stopped. Definitely better than nothing, though.

6 Likes

My ESCs either have rheostatic brakes or reverse torque brakes built in, they also brake from full charge. I should ask HW what they did with the Max6. It’s still all electric though.

You wire in parallel with your battery so it splits it. Maytech was making it seem like it somehow “knows” to only start drawing regen amps when the pack is full. I didn’t set any input voltage value though so how exactly would it know?

I think it just splits it even personally. Someone else can correct me if I’m really wrong.

2 Likes

Are there any good deals or sales out there on knee pads?

I’m also looking for gloves and elbow pads.
A set would be good.

1 Like

Knee: TSG DHP, force VA.
Hand: sector 9 lightning

1 Like

:ok_hand: got the gloves, just what I was looking for.

Gonna have to keep my eyes out for TSG pads on sale. They do seem very nice.

Slight incompatibility issue

9 Likes

Turn the puck side way.

6 Likes

Like a charm thank you!

Now my remote just needs some Velcro and a strap/pouch.

4 Likes

I got this jacket for Christmas and I freaking love it. Pads are thick hard foam and not plastic which some dislike but I don’t mind it. Tons of adjustments for a proper fit. Lots of useful pockets. Pads are removable. Mesh air vents seem useful while not compromising safety.

2 Likes

I wear a motorcycle helmet. It’s less expensive than most downhill helmets while protecting from a wider variety of collisions. Mine also has a neat-o flip down visor, chin-gaurd and shades. I look like lord Helmet, Rick Moranis’s character from the 1987 classic, Spaceballs, when I ride, but I give zero fucks.

3 Likes

I have velcro on mine and its awesome.

Havent dropped a remote since

1 Like

Got one or these for Christmas for science. Looks cool but is cheaper than most helmets we use and doesn’t carry the same certifications.

The visor feels pretty flimsy. How do the tsg visors feel out of curiosity? Trying to find something I’d compare it to… Maybe the thick plastic at the neck of a coke bottle?

Overall the helmet doesn’t seem solid to me. Comes up uncomfortably high on the back of my head and I’m not in love with it. It will be ok as a loaner helmet I suppose😕

2 Likes

Maybe try the Scorpion Exo AT-950…

It’s got nice air flow while riding and it’s super sick the way it opens up. You can take the visor off (like I did)

The whole front chin guard pops up for when you stop and are talking to someone… The mechanism does not seem very flimsy and the chin bar feels as strong as the one on my dirt bike helmet.

4 Likes

That one looks sweet. I don’t really need a helmet, just liked the idea of having a visored one for cold weather.

2 Likes

Yup! Visors are very nice at speed also…

Also I highly recommend people wear either slide gloves or motorcycle gloves or other higher speed protective gloves when riding because if you skid your palms/hand it hurts like hell and takes forever to heal :disappointed_relieved:

On another note sadly none of my new gear has gotten any real use since my TB 4amp Charger Broke (new one already ordered) So I’ve just been rockin a half shell on the boosted (slooooow Board).

Man did you see my bad crash photos? I woke up stuck to my sheets every morning for 3 weeks.

I’m glad I got these impact shorts for Christmas. It’s the last part of my body that was unprotected.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3MH4YR/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_cqTcEbR59JJX5

3 Likes