Talk about your armor

What’s this with body armour? No way I’m looking like the power rangers going to the train station. That’s why I wear G-form pads under my clothes.

3 Likes

The orange one fits the visibility law so I don’t need to wear a acid green/orange jacket on top of my clothes. That’s a win for me.

1 Like

when it isn’t too hot (like 48 degrees C Australia hot (amirite @Dareno)) I’ll wear a protec helmet, LazyRolling hoodie, wrist guards and knee pads. when it’s hot I’ll wear t shirt n shorts with knee, wrist and elbow pads with my helmet. with my hoodie i feel really safe tbh. most times I’ll just wear my hoodie and helmet

My armor is white and sexy. Long live the empire!

667e07da9723d79ce04418f1ef864063f9b335f8

I use a lazyrolling and a body armor for summer time.

8 Likes

At times it does get that hot and then the hoodie gets pretty warm to say the least.

Dainese Air Flux D1

5 Likes

Those are Kevlar pans?

1 Like

Not just kevlar.
It is a revolutionary mixture of carbon-boron-kevlar-basalt-nomex fibers that resists everything while making you irresistible at the same time :joy:

4 Likes

ok, i better don´t ask about that shoes than…:rofl:

1 Like

Riding in a TLD 7855 since 2016.
Tested during heatwave … I’m also hot at 15 or 50°C :sweat_smile:
Not the easiest to put on …

Got the LazyHoddy for quick move around town if needed (central zipper help a lot!)

1 Like

I wear a helmet and carry a bible. So far so good except for all my road rash and a week off work with an ouchy hip last year.

5 Likes

Another vote for the motorcycle mesh jacket. Air flows right through, stays cool enough for sunny San Diego riding. I got tossed off my motorcycle at 35mph and did not get seriously hurt. I think they can look good, but I know I’m a grown ass dweeb so don’t give a rats ass how I look when tearing it up on my skate. Safety first, always. :v:

5 Likes

Yes, just ate shit last Friday in it @30. Came out of it fine with no road rash or pain except in my wrist and hip (which the jacket doesn’t protect). I slid down the road pretty far too. Roughed up the sweater a bit but you still can’t see any exposed kevlar and just the first layer of cotton is torn a bit in places.

I think the new ones have a loop at the bottom to hook to your belt so it doesn’t pull up when you reach out for a fall and expose your hips like mine. The pads are in the right spot and even though i hit my shoulder hard no injury.

It’s warm in summer but at 100F degrees it’s still wearable if you’re going fast for windchill since it breathes pretty well.

What do you wear for side/hip protection? I’ve gotten it in the same spot twice now.

it’s just slightly above where crashpants tend to pad, pretty much right where the top of my pants would sit along my waist. I haven’t found a hip protector that protects this high on the hip.

Sorry (not sorry) for the buttcrack shot

2 Likes

Nothing atm. Was thinking of getting some hillbilly crash shorts or similar since I skin one side or the other every single time I go down. Always right above the belt line so pants aren’t high up enough to help.

1 Like

this jacket truly is dope.

1 Like

Yup, same spot pretty much.

1 Like

Can you talk about the protection on this a bit? Nothing online seems to describe it more than “mesh and fabric jacket”. Would like to know more about the protective properties, like padding/armor, material, etc.

Searching for that?

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=83114765&ViewAction=ViewProduct

1 Like

It comes with arm/elbow pads and shoulder pads. Back protection you buy extra.

1 Like