ESK8SUPPLY (DIY parts store with fast worldwide shipping) direct drive, 6.1 es controller, batteries, carbon fibre deck etc (updated: 12th Dec)

I think you are purposely misleading people.

Whichever way you dress it up, your site is Alibaba/Banggood up as a masquerading as a UK site.

7 Likes

I agree with @BigBen and have already flagged the post as such. If you feel that way, “flag” is the correct button to press on the top post.

3 Likes

@Trampa

Whats with all these VESC versions

Flipsky’s 4.20, 6.6
Maytech’s 6.8

seen some 6.1 VESCS too

4 Likes

Our product VESC 6.1 very good make well in rain work always

9 Likes

@Esk8supply, you are doing well. People have their pitch forks up, but don’t worry, listen to the constructive criticism and make changes. Ignore the rest.

And yeah, make everything VESC 6 based or vesc 4.12 based. Or call it something random like ESESC6.1 or ESESC4.3 etc…

7 Likes

Why does it matter if the advertisement has perfect English or not. Product design and product marketing have different people.

4 Likes

There are multiple signs that the seller is using deceptive practices. I’m mocking them. Their English is actually pretty good for an AliExpress/Banggood seller, which is what they appear to be.

2 Likes

people are upset because the website is masquerading as a UK based website.

3 Likes

There is no need to mock them. I don’t understand that mentality. If the product is defective then people won’t buy.

People did the same to flipsky too. What’s the point?

2 Likes

The deception is that they are

1. a UK store selling stuff from the UK
    and
  2. that they are selling VESC

neither of which is true.

3 Likes

You should carefully read the VESC Trademark policies. Vesc is a registered TM.

https://www.vesc-project.com/trademark_policies

You can’t use the TM to name your product, you can’t use it in a domain name, you can’t use it to advertise your product. You can use it to make true factual statements like : is compatible with VESC Software.

17 Likes

We’ve been telling @Esk8supply that since he made the thread, but he has problems understanding.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Some positive feedbacks to keep me going :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I have changed a lot of product descriptions and titles. Sorry if I missed any out, will be fixed! :+1:

3 Likes

The thing is that I’m from the UK and I have build up relationships with a few suppliers (that I have tried and tested over the last few months). I think the community associate products from China negatively because some suppliers do not sell quality components. The reality is that there are some really good brands out there from China such as maytech, flipsky and dickyho etc. I realise that they have filled the gap in the market (cheap and quality belt drive parts). However there are innovative products that are not widely available, in my store that I’m proud to be selling.
Before posting on this forum, I was mentally prepared for people to hate the store, but I was not aware of the extent.
I am grateful for some positive comments to keep me going, please keep them up! :heart:

3 Likes

sure thing young chap!! funny how you haven’t posted a single review of any of those products on this forum. where were you all this time you were testing them?

nonsense. many people here use the e-lofty drives and like them. dickyho has also been covered extensively here.

You don’t seem to understand the problem here and I feel like you are being purposefully obtuse. you are trying to play it off as you have some warehouse in the UK with stock and you don’t. thats the bottom line.

5 Likes

I get that you have some interesting parts there. Nearly all parts we use are from China. There is a lot of excellent stuff made in China.
What I don’t think you get or are constantly glossing over is the fact that your stuff does not ship from the UK.

5 Likes

It’s a vocal minority. So don’t worry.

1 Like

Man, you have no clue what you are doing! You forked the VESC-Software by offering a VESC-Tool download from your own download link. This is highly illegal! You have zero rights to distribute the VESC-Software under the VESC-Brand!
The only guy on this planet who distributes VESC-Tool is Benjamin Vedder himself.
Your entire website is trademark infringing front to back.
I can give you the advice to stop offering a VESC-Tool download and get your website straight before going online and advertising your product using the VESC-Brand.

If you are UK based, where is your business address, business registration number, name and telephone number on your website? Terms and conditions?

Sort out your legal requirements or we do it for you next week.

22 Likes

Having no idea what he is doing is an understatement.

2 Likes