ESK8SUPPLY (DIY parts store with fast worldwide shipping) direct drive, 6.1 es controller, batteries, carbon fibre deck etc (updated: 12th Dec)

Are you kidding? You’ve got a website in the guise of a uk website but everything just ships from China? You understand that’s a pretty strange concept to most of us? “Hey come buy our stuff at UK prices and still pay import taxes!”

17 Likes

I agree that it is a different model, I know chinese so I can arrange shipment straight from China from the warehouse. As for the import tax, customers buying from other vendors will have to pay taxes still right? Just incorperated into the retail price of the items. As for the currency, we are based in the UK and would prefer to be paid in £.

1 Like

@Esk8supply You contacting me before and say our deck is only worth 200rmb. This no true. Not understand what we do to make this deck.

17 Likes

Oh boy. i feel the wrath about to come down on you.

5 Likes

No if your are taking payments in Euros or Pounds. It is expected that taxes will be prepaid.
As for the vesc based esc. I feel like it’s another choice for builders and some people would go for it but the whole point of vesc is to give options to user and by having integrated remote and no UART ports you are taking those options away. So I think there will be little interest in the vesc from diy community, since you can already buy two fairly good vescs for that price.
The 58kv direct drive is a good addition. It was getting hard to get that version. But lose the wheels and reduce the price, noone wants those rubber wheels.
$300 for a carbon deck is just too much. Not many buyers at that price.

8 Likes

As I mentioned before, some parts are catered more for some than others. But overall, thanks for the helpful feedback, will work on it!

1 Like

Do you have a banner that says. “Just to be clear folks, you are buying from China here so expect taxes”

4 Likes

I wonder why people should by from your shop instead of directly from China? What if the esc for example fail. Who will take care about warranty, your shop or people need to send things back to China?

1 Like

We will take care of the warranty, the customer service depends on the situation. Let’s say if the esc for example fail, we will replace the product if it is the products fault. However we will expect some kind of evidence to show that it is faulty.

As for why should people buy from us? Well, we are providing competitive prices for such a large range of products from tested suppliers. I’m sure some can try ordering yourself directly from China, but our service will benefit the majority, in terms of service quality and convenience.

2 Likes

We have mentioned it on our site, maybe not a banner haha

I have seen that there have been some updates to the site and now you can buy the direct drive without the wheels and just a kegel adapter

Also apparently 20% off on Sunday

I also contacted them through the site and there were some plans of making a higher kv dd

1 Like

Thanks Halbj613 for the update.
We are launching the store officially in 2 hours and have changed some stuff around since last week.

Firstly, you can get the direct-drive separately without the wheel. Also added some 105mm PU wheels for those street wheels users. (working on adapters with direct drive)

About the 20% off, it is only valid for the first one who uses the code ‘‘luckyfirst’’ and it’s on all products.
For the next 20 people who use the code ‘‘relaunch’’ will get £20 off £200.

For people who do not like the integrated remote on our VESC based controller, we have good news for you. We are working on a version where you can use your own remote. :smile::smile:

We now have a banner that tells people tax is not included, however, we feel that our prices are still very competitive!

Let me know if you have any more suggestion :call_me_hand:

We are now open for business !!!

You do know you don’t sell VESC, right?

1 Like

Vesc based contoller, we have changed most titles on our store now

You’re pretty slow at comprehending what words mean.

1 Like

Where on your site does it say that your parts are not UK stock and people should be prepared for import duties?

4 Likes

We sell controllers that can be programmed using the vesc tool. I feel like we have been through this already, we are now calling it a controller, not VESC. Hope this clarifies things up :+1:

2 Likes

Your site still said VESC a few minutes ago when I checked. You look like someone who carries cheap china stuff who is pretending to be a UK seller, but who isn’t.

1 Like

Every product page and the shipping section , and a banner that saids tax not included (just shipping)