ESK8SUPPLY (DIY parts store with fast worldwide shipping) direct drive, 6.1 es controller, batteries, carbon fibre deck etc (updated: 12th Dec)

There’s interesting middle ground being explored, but I would ask you to use the phrase “Vesc 6-based ESC” instead of “Vesc 6.” It’s misleading, especially here with true vescs being the predominant controller type.

8 Likes

I need to say, our products are from China ( we did not plan to hide that fact). Also, we are selling at an afforable price. (would you rather us sell them for a high markup? ) We are providing products that are very diy-able, vesc works with all motors with 4.0 banna ports. Batteries works with most vescs and motors in the makret. Wheels are compatilible with most pulleys.
I think i am helping the community by bridging the gap between suppliers and the end user.
Please feel free to explain your statment.

1 Like

I understand and fair enough. I just don’t want to have our products negatively associated with the term ‘ESC’ when it is much more than that.

Yes, and for now it is less than a vesc. So I think it’s a good practice for now.

3 Likes

I just had a look at the VESC trade mark and understand what you are saying now. Thanks! title will be changed!:+1:

8 Likes

I already changed it earlier and sent you a pm notice.

5 Likes

Thanks, I have changed it on my site as well. One small question, I saw on Vedder’s site that says something along the line of: the trademark can not be used in products title. Then companies such as Trampa, do they get premission from Benjamin himself to use the VESC logo on their products? hope I don’t offend anyone

1 Like

Trampa and Vedder are development partners.

6 Likes

Oh I see, that’s why their stuff are so sick :joy:

7 Likes

It’s worrying that you don’t know that but I suppose people have to start in DIY somewhere. Most people choose to join the community, build and learn together with their peers and get a solid understanding of how it all works. Some people choose to open webshops with untested components and sell them without understanding how they work.

Everyone is different :call_me_hand:t3:

10 Likes

So do you have these things in Stock in some warehouse in the Uk ? Or they come from China as and when we order them ? What about import taxes ?

For sure everyone is different, thats why I mentioned in the original post that we are more catered towards new builders, lowering the barrier of entery to this awesome sport.
As for the switch, I don’t know how to bypass is partly because we never saw a reason to do it. I haven’t hear of many people who want to bypass the unity switch.

1 Like

I managed to get a fulfiment warehouse in China, because it would be more efficent to ship internationally that way. The import tax is not covered by us. Hope this helps

The reason some may want to bypass the switch is because anti spark switches tend to fail…

It could very well be that the anti spark in your esc won’t fail but we won’t know until a few are out in the wild and we get some test feedback.

Have you done any of your own testing on these esc’s?

If yes what sorta testing was done?

1 Like

How have you not seen the trademark fiasco that’s been going on for years?

9 Likes

This right here just guerenteed I’ll never but anything you from you. That was rude and there was literally zero reason for you to bring in another company in such a negative way. Not cool.

Secondly, I’ve had enough of people opening up shop as a personal entry into esk8. It’s not profitable for the business or the customer. Do the research, build some boards, become part of the community… Then open a store.

9 Likes

My bad for the comment. I have edited it

It is quite hard to keep up to date with everything, but i’ll have a read. Any links?

There’s literally 100 discussions about it. Search trademark on builders.

3 Likes

Yep I undertand that trust has to be earned. And we have done our own testing, using 12s batteries, up to 60A and for a good few months. We will have some more details posted later.

1 Like