ESK8SUPPLY (DIY parts store with fast worldwide shipping) direct drive, 6.1 es controller, batteries, carbon fibre deck etc (updated: 12th Dec)

lol and compete with Jeff? XD

2 Likes

What ports do these have? CAN, PWM (PPM in vesc tool) for remotes, UART, …?

1 Like

None of the above, there is a can bus just no populated connector. It has swd pads for reflashing.

2 Likes

So you can’t use a custom remote for these single ones either? :frowning:

2 Likes

Not without modifying the pcb, but the remote is solid. I will have to tap the pcb for my scooter build.

2 Likes

Idea: please stock up on some Daly BMS’s. They’re solid and I definitely would pay extra for something that ships in a week instead of a month+.

Team up with this guy:

3 Likes

We are offering Daly on our site now, while we can’t promise a week. Our stuff usually arrives now within 10-15 days even with the virus :+1:

1 Like

Where is the source code for the ESC?

1 Like

I have just spoken to the supplier. He doesn’t want to provide the source code😥. I will try explaining the situation to him.

2 Likes

nathen, tell him we’ll only use it for good!

2 Likes

you joke, but software with a license saying it cannot be used for evil is incompatible with the GPL :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

10-15 days is still fantastic!

Edit: BMS’s are impossible to find on your site. Can only be discovered via the best sellers carousel. I recommend adding a BMS category to the “DIY” shop and put them there.

Edit2: Okay, they are listed under “batteries” which makes sense. Would you consider keepingin stock some 12s and potentially 13S+ BMS’s? With the stormcore coming out you should be prepared!

2 Likes

So can you use CAN from one half to the other? I never got this working. How do you enable this?

Could you please show me those pads?
I bricked mine and really like to re-flash it correctly

I have now added the categorie “bms” under the battery so hopefully it is easier to find.
We will certainly look for some 12s / 13s as well :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

<3 U guys

2 Likes

It’s not optional, it’s stated clearly in the GPL license.

4 Likes

In that case stop selling, because each sale is a copyright violation. As soon as you have the sources and make them available, you can start to sell the ESCs again.

4 Likes

I always speak in support of open-source, but is the statement correct that each sale is a copyright violation? I thought the paying customers have to ask for the software and if the vendor doesn’t provide within a certain time frame then it’s a violation. Am I wrong?

5 Likes

There is no reason to guess. The terms and conditions are in the license the original author decided to copyright the work with.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.txt

2 Likes