You as well!!

1 Like

'Scuse me. Hoyt AND Metroboard bois!

3 Likes

Ah you’re right! I could never tel who was with which company so I forgot haha

1 Like

Look like it

1 Like

Unpopular opinion here but from what I’m reading it looks like some DIY guys got licked by riders on production boards.

I wasent there and am only forming options from what I’ve seen here and Facebook. Also I’m not saying evolves posts are in good taste but if they won then they won.

In racing you can’t always control the conditions and the track won’t always be to your favour, that’s how it goes sometimes. It’s easy to forget that having the most powerful or expensive equipment doesn’t entitle you to a win. Sometimes someone else just has a setup better suited to a particular track. The real skilled riders are the ones that can perform regardless of the conditions or what they are riding.

13 Likes

That’s Hamza! He actually rides with my org, very cool dude. That is in fact a Hadean Bamboo.

2 Likes

He is a very cool guy! Great race with him!

1 Like

Anyone that won, won on skill! The board you’re on had very little to do with it other than maybe tire choice, and feeling comfortable sliding through every corner with steel rails. Good ppe big help. It was definitely be sketchuous race I’ve ever been in, and probably sketchy shit I’ve ever skated on period

8 Likes

I’m sorry man, but I absolutely disagree.

The photo of the podium makes absolute sense, and taught EVERYONE there a very valuable lesson.

If you fancy yourself a quick racer, and this guy puts his name on the sign up sheet next to you, you walk the hell away and thank your lucky stars you weren’t foolish enough to try to cross a god that chooses to walk amonst mortals for his own entertainment.

All hail the Bearded God of Whatever Old Ass Object He Chooses

22 Likes

My thought process when I saw that photo starting from the bottom up…

What? A boosted board won in pro class

That’s some strong calves

THE BEARD… THE HAT…

Could have frigging won on a RazorX

7 Likes

@jack.luis looks like they removed their hashtag

5 Likes
4 Likes

I made 3rd for qualis but 4th for racing.

2 Likes

The first 20 seconds or so already show how slippery it was. Crazy

3 Likes

Not much to add here other than thank you @mikebeard for an incredible event. It was a pleasure meeting you in person.

I am asking everyone here to give this gentleman another chance. I am vouching for him wholeheartedly. He deserves to be a part of this community. It would be better for esk8 in general if he were.

So please;

13 Likes

Agreed! He definitely gave a shit about all of it. I hope we do thos again next year! Thanks Mike!

3 Likes

13 Likes

yeah I realize he took my shot at podium from me. :frowning:

coose somehow worked his way up from 10th to 6th, passed me really sketch while I was holding off of 5th waiting for an opening. then he went down and took me out. letting mario and ruxx pass me on the first race i ever qualified ahead of them. put me in 9th and him in 8th. I passed him and others and came in after mario.

Coose seemed a lot more sketch to me than Delasado (boosted that took 2nd) that guy was a really really good rider. but Delasado kept saying over and over that Coose was better than him.

but… “shit happens”. was mentioned in riders meeting. :smiley:

it was fun racing. at first it wasn’t… on that slick stuff. but I embraced the challenge and came out happy.

9 Likes

This race was an exception. Urethane wheels were the prime choice for this track given its slick and dusty condition.

9 Likes

Sportsman

6 Likes