4 Likes

Definitely one of the wildest entertaining races that Iā€™ve watched

The crowd was even in on it cheering and stuff haha

4 Likes

I would have shit myself during the race if i was in either position

Mistakes were made throughout the day.
Our qualifying order did not auto rank
due to a programming input error by us.
We had to rank by hand and input the ranking order back in the program. Doing this burned up the time allowed for heat races and had to skip mains.
Novice Main rolled start to finish as expected.
Sportsman was cut by a lap.
Pro class was an extra lap.

Sportsman was a lap count mistake. The flag man controls the start and finish. When the checkered falls the race is over. We scored accordingly. You canā€™t change a finish. The flags control the race. It was not the flaggers fault. The flagger was not alerted as to the white flag lap and he dropped it a lap early.

Pro class the lap counter on the program was set to 1 lap. A mistake.
This was quickly realized at the start of the race.
We reverted to manual scoring and the white flag was pulled a lap late. Once again not the flaggers fault but flags dictate the start and finish. We scored accordingly.

New timing system. We practiced it. Thought we had a good handle of it and made mistakes.
Itā€™s not a bad program, mistakes were made.
We have identified our mistakes and will implement changes.

All the people involved with the days racing event were volunteers. Unpaid volunteers who were there because they enjoy organized racing. Special thanks to our help throught the event. Mike, Matt, Gina, Luis you were fantastic.

As to Coose. Complete poor judgment on my part. Full Apologies to anyoneā€™s race that was messed up on account of him being there. All I can say is moving fwd this will be an act not to repeat.

22 Likes

Thatā€™s so painfull to watch :joy:

2 Likes

No worries! We facilitate an event, we learn, grow, and improve. Yā€™all fucking killed it! Nothing but love! We are making history doing our races. Itā€™s easy for a lot of people to sit back and pass a lot of judgment when they arenā€™t the ones organizing and putting in the blood, sweat and tears! We really fucking appreciate you and everybody!

16 Likes

Exactly this

5 Likes

no worries form me. it was fun. sorry if my text came out suggesting anything different.

race organizes deserve a lot more praise than they get. itā€™s hard to keep everything on track in the face of the chaos of a bunch of eks8 hooligans. much less with added technical difficulties.

Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Appreciate it moe! Glad we can be the Guinea pigs to help smooth out the wrinkles! Next year will be better! It wasnt perfect but for a first run, it was damn great!

4 Likes

Canā€™t stop

8 Likes

Wish i could like this twice. Chris, you nailed it!

2 Likes

tenor (1)

2 Likes

:heart: would be awesome if we can get cadi the raceboard.

1 Like

I agree! Jeff anning needs to put his money and race board where his mouth is :rofl:

1 Like

Colorado Cadi is coming to Carve PDX he told me, and there will be an asphalt race happening :nerd_face:

Letā€™s hope they get him that race board before then, Iā€™d love to see it.

5 Likes

Just saw the videos. what a wild race. nothing like I expected in my head. looked like a lot of fun regardless.

I bet a medium powered DIY short board would have taken this easily due to the slipperyness and the track payout

1 Like

Precisely this.

1 Like

@Evwan

1 Like

Instructions unclear, 5kw shortboard.

1 Like

For the first event of this magnitude it looked like a good day out,plus getting to meet people from all walks of life in to the same hobby with different builds is sick,dont hate appreciate! Esk8 community making moves :call_me_hand:off road track with jumps next?

3 Likes