ESK8CON Vegas race and evolve

These are boards though, where you move your body weight to direct it. I don’t really think you can directly compare it to cars and their capabilities

I agree with @Mbrady here I think placing based on qual times is a good method as well. However, it would have been better if there were heat races, as the people cut based on qual times didn’t get as fair a chance

3 Likes

Long course Eskate like maryhill, Barrett junction, Lancaster get this vehicle class break down for sure.

It was congested out there. Maybe if there was more time, a split by Esk8 power would have been for the best.

2 Likes

I mean where you move your hands directs the race car… it’s man and machine either way.

It’s pretty easy to break down to something like stock prebuilt, modified prebuilt, DIY class, unlimited class.

1 Like

It is. Full stop. But don’t deny the entertaining drama of evolve vs diy. Gets popcorn

1 Like

Hard disagree. Place by time trials, the heats racing then finals

3 Likes

Brooo… i barely made it into the novice. I was second to last. Then got 2nd place

1 Like

If there were grip, then the classes would have been more separated by board type. But board type HAD LITERALLY NO IMPACT ON THESE RACES. Tire choice, and hoe comfortable you are with sliding in literally every corner was what mattered.

7 Likes

View of the pro race from Sam on the Hoyt uav board

1 Like

:poop: :poop: :poop:

1 Like

Also the pro race was suppose to have 6 laps. If u watch the video, it was 7. Nbd, shit happens but hope they are more careful next time

1 Like

At the end of the day, I think everyone can just be happy the event was an overall success and there is very likely to be another one next year. There will always be room for improvement!

8 Likes

Facts

1 Like

Heh, whoops lets see about that

1 Like

Youtube is a great hosting site :wink:

2 Likes

Yea. The urathane wheels didn’t keep the dust. The rubber tires did. A boosted board qualified #2! No one was prepared for the dust, not anticipated.

6 Likes

@sparkospeed youtube yo

1 Like

Hey Sam! Great hanging out with you and the Hoyt guys this weekend. Good racing from you as well!

4 Likes

Yeah there will definitely be one next year, Mike said a lot of vendors were already planning to be on board for year 2, so I think it will be much bigger in scale, more advertising, and probably more competitive racing.

I was surprised that they didn’t have a real ticker tracking system, maybe it’s too hard to use, but I think it was a manual kind of thing

4 Likes

I hold out hope that my 2 builds will be done a year from now. lol.

1 Like

Shit i didnt realized i met a bunch of y’all at the con already. I’ve been mostly lurking this site. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes