Esk8Con 2023! | The 2nd Annual Esk8Con

The whole race would have been a lot different with them in it :fire:. The world missed out on an even better race. Next time :pray:t2:

8 Likes

Nobody stops a guy with a clipboard and great attitude.

3 Likes

I heard it was an exchange of favors. Make of that what you will.

1 Like

It was a great event. I had so much fun, met so many great people and had the chance to test so many different boards. Thanks again @defiantboardsociety and @longhairedboy for this great opportunity.
Thanks again Vegas for the sunburn. :joy:

Their are a few things, that should probably get an update next year, but there is always a way to do things better. In my opinion.
Especially the racing itself should be a bit different next year. I would love to see a transponder for every rider, which he gets with his ticket.
Place a monitor, where every rider can see his time in the qualifying and later the results of every race. Place another monitor for announcements and the plan for the day(start of qualifying, racestarts, open track time etc.)
With the transponder it maybe could be possible to include the footage in the livestream, so everybody at home can follow, who is leading etc.
Another upgrade would be for me, to put the speakers all over the place, not just in the middle, so everybody gets the chance to hear announcements etc.
The guys from Amped did. a great job, I just would love to see, that they use probably two drones for the races instead of the cameras on the track. So u cover more actually racing and just need to switch between two drones instead of all the other cameras on the track. Especially if no one is moving them with the action, do you know what I mean?
And I would love to see the first two heats also going over 5 laps instead of 3. so you get the chance to get back in the race, if you did a mistake.

8 Likes

Super costly but sounds awesome! I was missing out info like that too

More automation for the time keeping I’m sure is on their mind, probably just can’t afford it yet (EBSA)

I agree it was kinda hard to hear sometimes, especially when it was cutting out

Hm. Yeah maybe this plus better camera positioning. I was watching some of the livestream back and the tracking of the contestants was not very consistent with cameras and drones

Probably could be due to short staff, maybe the drone guy was also camera switching.

2 Likes

@longhairedboy Happy how the Defiant board performed on the track?

5 Likes

Photo Album from s_m_l_s

Pick out your favorites and post em to the thread. Or elsewhere. don’t forget to tag instagram @s_m_l_s_ for photo credit.

12 Likes

@RipTideSports disapproving of @jack.luis’s shenanigans.
just kidding. totally made up caption

7 Likes

how do you pronounce Khuong (S_M_L_S)'s name? Kong?

3 Likes

we call him “Smalls” as in “you’re killing me smalls”

It’s Khoung. kinda like “koong” i suck at writing phonetics.

1 Like

I know someone with that name and they pronounce it “K-uwAO-NG” so its pronounced like you would say Kong but with a “w” sound between the K and O.

1 Like

I’m glad he got a picture before they all passed me :rofl:

9 Likes

i think it’s not that way. i tried that way and got corrected. XD

1 Like

I swear that’s my index finger and I’m in the middle of thanking him :joy: @RipTideSports

6 Likes

@jack.luis @Esk8erWolf

15 Likes

Yep. Pretty pleased with it.

6 Likes

couple of the year

7 Likes

Idk. This here is pretty up there in terms of love

7 Likes

Fucking gave me a run for my money!

2 Likes

Heh, there’s definitely something in the middle there :rofl: