Esk8Con 2023! | The 2nd Annual Esk8Con

Estelita’s stance is crazy. My gimpy leg definitely can’t do that…not that I could’ve before the accident

15 Likes

Jackson is always flipping me off…

8 Likes

I think it is your middle finger indexing me or you have 6 fingers…

5 Likes
5 Likes

I shouldn’t be laughing, but the audience expressions in this photo are sending me :joy:

12 Likes

Donjuan sleeping during the race. The downside to having narcolepsy.

3 Likes

And here I thought some of my stances would look weird in photos because my ankles can hyper extend without causing injuries to me. :rofl: ( i have no photos to show this though sorry)

Also my left knee may also hyper extend now but not 100% sure since my PCL should have healed fully by now but yet it feels like it hasn’t possibly because I didn’t avoid stress on it for the entire 9 months of healing. It feels like it might be whenever I take left turns which would also look weird in a photo (left leg is at the back of my board)

3dbe8edf479fe18ae532f6eba40a2c4abe7ffe38~2

4 Likes

Joe and his hell yes look!

1 Like

3 Likes

All I could think

Ch6DvdfUoAAtwj6

3 Likes

Catching up on the thread after a quite hectic Esk8Con season, Thank you very much Jackson. Always love seeing y’all!

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! Totally understand this point of view.

We are attempting to show off some Esk8 adjacent sectors of the PEV industry as we do have some overlapping interest within the community.

The plan would be to hold the ebikes, EUCs, and others at a 10% representation compared to the Esk8 representation.

I do believe involving the other PEVs a little bit does help push the event forward. Creating a sustainable event has been quite difficult so the support of the other PEVs was a huge help.

Though, after this year, I believe the Esk8 Companies will be coming out in full force and will reduce/eliminate the need for the other PEVs all together. 100% esk8 would be very nice. I’ll need to work harder getting more of the esk8 businesses to join us next year.

We did hold the EUCs to a single 5 lap race which ultimately took away from open track time. In hindsight we may have had time for more racers as the Stooge team absolutely crushed it getting everyone through qualifying.

Either way, 90 racers was going to be the cap, I had no idea how long that was really going to take. We ran some numbers and estimates, but nobody was really 100% how fast or slow the qualifying times were going to take.

It’s too early to tell whether or not we’ll be completely reducing the EUC/Other representation to 0%, but I can promise that the race will be more regulated. The 3 wheel TLT board was awesome, but should not be racing against actual skateboards.

The sport is still young, but race regulations and rules will be added each year to further legitimize the racing scene.

We will be putting out a formal survey shortly :slight_smile:

Thanks again Damon and others for the feedback, it truly is very helpful.

16 Likes

And everyone keep in mind this is only year two. The future is bright.

8 Likes

10000000%

10 Likes

The idea behind the “Demo” track was for anyone who wanted to get used to a new board’s acceleration and braking then graduate to REALLY demoing on the track.

Figured it was best to have a little warm up area so we could reduce the number of awkward riding on the track for others.

But next year we’ll definitely make it as big as we can :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Announcing a formal schedule was on my to do list, unfortunately 1 of many items that just didn’t get done in time.

Will definitely get that finalized and posted WAY sooner (or at all in this case) next year.

3 Likes

Just please don’t ban the water bourne surf adapter before I get a chance to race. :pleading_face: I couldn’t justify the insane vegas hotel prices this time around but I’m hoping next year will be better. It would be awesome if you guys could somehow get a hotel on board in the future to get us better room rates, but I understand that it might not be plausible given the focus of the event and the fear of liability a hotel might have.

plus for my health I’d need to stay a day or two longer which would have made the trip expensive AF. Trying to fly in and out on the days of the event would have made the event miserable for me which is why it was never an option

2 Likes

Thank you sir!

1 Like

Interesting. I want to see what kinda guideslines you can draft up. 4+ wheels no handlebars?

3SK8 boards surly must count as esk8, I fail to see how TLTboard and 2swift/speedboard are much different.

1 Like