Esk8.news community charity auction #1 FEB 20 (SERIOUS)

Seems like a reasonable assessment to me. Bummer

1 Like

I’m down for loopholes though. I think this place is missing a lot of fun when we can’t have raffles and shit. Givaways are ok, sales are ok, but competitive purchasing and forms of gambling are out until we find some kind of plugin or platform that relieves us of liability.

3 Likes

Is it still gambling if the build will be sold in a one off “Make me an offer” sale?

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s any loopholes like in the realm of internet sales. If my business makes an Internet sale in a state other than one I have a physical presence in there’s no sales tax.

Surely in this expensive ass hobby we have a lawyer or six?

1 Like

Becoming a non-profit isn’t too incredibly difficult. A short-cut is to become a subsidiary of another non-profit.

4 Likes

That’s an idea. We could just list it on eBay

1 Like

But then it’s gonna have seller fees etc.

2 Likes

I think we need to be a 501c3 anyway. Then our amazon purchases could float the whole forum just through smile. Also my business could evade taxes by donating and I’m all about not giving the government money until they start representing the people.

6 Likes

Cheers to that.

2 Likes

You know what? That’s what this board should fund. The sale of this board should cover the costs of the filing to form a 501c3. Its only like $400.

5 Likes

That is a good idea. Then the community just needs to assemble a “board-staff” and fill out a pile of paperwork.

2 Likes

Yea but sellers fees remove the liability Damon is worried about.

1 Like

As long as i can still be the Tyrannical Dictator™ then I’m down.

4 Likes

My company is a corporation which is the same set up as a non profit. I think I had to put my dad in the company somewhere to satisfy all the requirements. You could be 100% of the board if you wanted and list jayx as the clerk who collects your mail.

2 Likes

Looks like a solid list of parts for a lightweight board. Thanks Mike. If I see correctly we are missing:

• deck (Tayto? Looks like that’s what the enclosure is for.)
  • battery (a few more cells)
  • BMS
  • charger
  • trucks
  • motor mounts
  • belts

I’m thinking how do we build it so that potential buyers don’t start asking us if we want to part out. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There’s 60 cells, seems like more than enough for a tayto build. I can prolly find trucks without much issue. The problem is gonna be motor mounts, those motors do not use a standard pattern.

2 Likes

Ah, I didn’t know there’s 60. I only saw 10. That’s definitely more than enough then. :+1:

I believe @IDEA has used these motors in one of his builds. I’ll ask him about mounts.

1 Like

@dickyho mounts support 50xx motors.

3 Likes

They also fit on boardnamics (or anyone’s) X-style motor mounts. They’re just 4x~38mm BCD.

dickyho actually has racestar specific motor mounts, the standard 50xx pattern is 4x30mm BCD.

3 Likes

Where does he have them? On the eBay store I only see the hybrid 38mm/44mm mounts in 2 lengths

1 Like