esk8.news Bullying and Moderation

Feeling like I have to constantly defend myself here is getting old.

5 Likes

Don’t mind him, he’s new and naive :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think the problem has been sorted out and explained. A new user would come, read half way and then react. So @GlitterSpitter, you can ask the mods to close this thread. I see no point in letting this continue.

We don’t close non-sale threads.

Or do we nowadays?

1 Like

@GlitterSpitter I believe maybe the question was less ‘did you do anything about it’ and more ‘did they give you a chance to do anything about it’

@mishrasubhransu a conversation is a conversation, sale threads are closed to buyers know not to harass the seller any more, but this is supposed to be an open conversation. If GS does not want to be part of the conversation and get left out then she can set the thread to ‘normal’ or ‘ignored’ (and so can you for that matter) but it doesn’t violate any major rules so there is no reason the thread should be silenced

3 Likes

wha da fuh???

I was the dude who originally joked that GlitterSpitter might be GamerGirl. It was a fucking joke. I get that it probably was unkind - scratch - definitely evolved into something that was unkind to someone who’s new here, and I apologized for that, but bullying? Really?

I don’t see what this thing has to do with the other thing; seems like a bit of a stretch. Regardless, I sincerely hope you’re able to sort this shit out with respect to JKarma’s account getting merged. Like, if I’m a mod, I can’t imagine why I would even bother.

/shrug

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your explanations. This may help other users too. Perhaps I am or somebody else here is faced tomorrow with a similar situation; who knows?

Of course, you have every right not to react to messages that you think do not concern you. However, perhaps an explanation from your side would have helped to avoid the whole situation; who knows?

Anyways, welcome back @GlitterSpitter and @JKarma!

1 Like

Merge gone wrong :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you @Ancient & @hans_maier for your support.

what’s the status on fixing the fusion gone wrong?

3 Likes

I think we should never merge accounts unless there’s permission given from both accounts. It’s a privacy issue, imagine if @JKarma was slipping into some other girl’s esk8.news DMs :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Good point for sure. Serious stuff.

Edit: Just to be clear for any users only reading this comment above, @JKarma is my boyfriend.

I agree with that.

1 Like

Does this forum use Discourse Encrypt? I have not yet implemented this yet on my own, but I hoped that PM’s are encrypted, so no Admin should be able to see.

I quoted your text and mentioned this May 8th:

I’m pretty sure that was turned on a while ago.

2 Likes

Possibly so, however admins reading private messages is a very current issue.

1 Like

yes discourse encrypt is enabled.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for confirming. Am I misunderstanding how it works, private messages should be off limits then right, which is what the breach of privacy was about?

1 Like

I believe both users have to have the plugin enabled in settings

2 Likes

and with that one last nudge. I have enabled it for myself… now I can solicit all those ramen pics everyone keeps talking about.

2 Likes