Esk8 cup 2020 17th - 19th July Paris

are there some french members who could rent their homes or rooms like ABNB?

5 Likes

I got an airb+b last time.
Great little place on the river bank.
Not far away.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say we will not be holding it in Auvers again, at least that’s the current plan. The local council were great up to a certain point and then a couple of weeks before the event they pulled a lot of their support. Then after they seen the huge benefit we bought to the local area they changed their minds. Would be better to go somewhere that’s more welcoming of hundreds of electric skateboarders.

I wonder how well that Moroccon place did out of us? :sweat_smile: (for those that were not there there were 4 restaurants in the village, 3 of them did not what us there with our skateboards but one did - you can imagine how busy that one was every night)

10 Likes

That’s a great idea! It would add to the community spirit, if nothing else.

How does everyone from overseas bring their batteries? Do you take them apart, post them or set up a travel-safe pack just for the event?

Depends how you get there

I’m guessing most go by plane?

I went to eat there, they were very friendly the cook even facetimed my dad lol

5 Likes

How do you think the new regulations will effect the event? I am mostly thinking about the every large fines. Do you think that would be a concern. Are the regulations on now, and if yes has anyone been stopped yet?

Regarding price. I know how organizing something like this can cost you. Dont be to afraid to charge enough for you to make it a good event without you having to chip in personally.

4 Likes

There’s a few options:

• send your battery in advance to an esk8er based in Paris

• if you ride an Evolve I’m sure you’ll be able to rent out a battery. Just send them a message and they’ll likely sort you out. I’m not sure other brands can do the same. Maybe @Trampa (assuming that, like last year, they’ll be present at the event) can do something similar?

• Arrange with a battery vendor present at the event to get one sorted for you (wink wink @pjotr47)

• I would also extend the invitation to other vendors who would consider renting out batteries to reach us via contact@itselectric.fr so that we can sort out a stall for yourselves

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Races will be held in private property / closed areas so there shouldn’t be an issue with that.

We do need to think about groups rides. We don’t have it defined yet, but it might be the case that we contact authorities/police to let them know what we plan to do and coordinate with them. Hopefully they’ll see the benefits of having a better organised group ride.

4 Likes

We will come with a van and trailer and have the batteries fitted to our boards. We will probably unload a fleet of boards everyone can test ride.

10 Likes

To be honest I think 200 odd people riding at 25kph clogging up the streets would be a pretty good show that the legislation is a bit flawed :rofl:

4 Likes

Yup because if it stays locked every “budget” board won’t be able to participate legally.

You could drive there or get a train.

Zero fucks given about the races.

Want to go on rides, hang out and talk to people and try new boards. If we can’t get out on the streets without the fear of being fined, arrested and/or board siezed that’s a no-go, especially if we’re in a foreign city and don’t speak the language.

5 Likes

Yeah I could, 20h isn’t too bad. I was mostly curious how everybody got around the flight restrictions or if everybody but me knows people in high places :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Shipping your battery to France is the best option if you are flying

1 Like

I’m sure that in the months left to prepare the event we’ll come to a good solution, and we’ll keep you all posted about it.

Rest assured, the event is so much more than the races. Ask anyone who was there at the first edition! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Then this is the event for you mate! Super chilled with everyone having a good time watching those who are racing and then just hitting the track on free ride time.

I dont think the legal thing is going to be an issue. We now have something to present as a net benefit to the local community and we should be welcomed by the area we are going to and maybe even funded a bit (hopefully). I think this means that if we do it the right way we will be ok to ride out.

4 Likes