Esk8 cup 2020 17th - 19th July Paris

Nice! Shall mark my calendars

1 Like

Get about 20% efficiency on panels in good light conditions get 1000W per square meter so given efficiency of panels get max 200W per square meter, if you had a 400Wh battery could charge in about 2hrs with a square meter of okay panels. Maybe could setup by a stream/river and setup a small water wheel generator and can charge overnight :D. Someone figure out how to turn the drive wheel into a water wheel and your set.

3 Likes

Drop me on the sponser list! As last year I want to sponser this year also a battery.

Maybe we can help the community out with a timing system. The Dutch crew is perhaps laying money together to buy a professional timing system.

Example from the competition this Sunday on a esk8 karting track event: https://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=202686&lang=nl

9 Likes

Awesome Pjotr!

We will for sure take this kind offer of the timing system and we would be honoured to have you on the sponsor list again. Can you drop us an email please bud?

4 Likes

Itā€™s worth noting that last year we had to stop selling tickets about one month before the event because we simply didnā€™t want to sell too many tickets and then not have the right structure to put up a great event. It was a decision that hit us financially, but it paid off in the end. It was one of the best weekends of my entire life, and Iā€™m sure a good few of you feel the same.

So, while the tickets prices might have looked somewhat expensive, we had to refuse tickets to a lot (and I mean a lot!) of keen riders who simply didnā€™t buy their tickets on time.

This year we want to put up a bigger event, but I reckon that with the amount of interest already gathered weā€™ll probably have to limit sales again!

5 Likes

I want to be there. Not sure about sponsoring but ill offer some prizes?

4 Likes

It would be an honour to welcome you!

Can you please send us an email to contact@itselectric.fr ? Weā€™re trying to centralize all sponsor and institutional communication via that addressā€¦otherwise it will be really hard to keep track of things!

1 Like

I can help on flights from UK on British Airways to Paris using Miles and other benefits like free cancellation, luggage and more.
Send me a PM if someone is interested in.

6 Likes

Cool I actually donā€™t have a prize ready but have several ideas, but some that donā€™t even exist yet soā€¦ :joy:

@klaus79856 Santa?

5 Likes

Awesome! Still plenty of time to prepare and anyway we will prepare a sponsor pack as well in the meantime.

2 Likes

Cool, power outtage right nowā€¦
I have the tgv not far away from me, so I reach paris in under 3h.

4 Likes

Just to be sureā€¦ We have to buy a ticket to attend the event in general or only if we want to race?

2 Likes

You will need to purchase a ticket to attend, but that includes track access when theres no racing, this ticket will be cheaper than the race ticket. Last year none race tickets got the option to ride of both street and AT course as much as we could manage

4 Likes

The groupride inside Paris was free (it should stay this way), but if you want to attend to the main event, and ride the tracks when itā€™s unoccupied it was around 15 bucks if I remember right.

1 Like

Last year I had a non race ticket and it was worth every penny.

The day of the AT race the street course was open for free riding most the day. Same with the AT course on the street day. Also the course was open in the evenings so it was super chill with everyone sat about, music on, chatting and riding. Testing each others boards and you had lots of time to try things on the course. There was also on site charging and under cover seating.

6 Likes

It was 15 euro this year yes. I dont think we will he able to keep it this low for next year but we have to see how much the venue costs etc, we will keep it as cheap as we can!

The group rides will of course always be free. We make as much free and cheap as we can. We are about community and riders and are not for profit - we do it for the love of the hobby and the community

7 Likes

I really need to attend this time. Iā€™m already planning with others about traveling together. I just need to work on my English a tad. Itā€™s a bit rusty because i always listen but rarely talk.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s no problems bro. We would love to see you there man, itā€™s going to be class :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@xsynatic @Lee_Wright
Thatā€™s my voice. :blush:

5 Likes

Sounds good. Not the typical ā€œDenglishā€ accent we are all used to.
Atleast from what i can tell.

1 Like