Esk8 Convention 2022

And you guys can or can not be there to show the people how it’s done right.
Similar to showing purple who believe in Aikido why punches to the face exist.

I’m not sure if they can. Like you i live in germany so i won’t and can’t attend anyway thus i don’t give a flying F about the Event. I’m just amused by it.

So, du bist jetzt mein neuer bester Freund und ich werde vor allen damit angeben, dass ich dich kenne.

Ok, we’re besties now and from now on i’m gonna boast about knowing you in front of everyone.

1 Like

Hey yo, rock solid U turn here for me guys.

Go to this event, it will almost certainly bankrupt our boy Mike as he tries to repair his damaged credibility by self funding tickets and booths to his own event and eventually roll his “business” over. I just wish I could be there when the other shoe drops and he realises you can’t just make a professional website and wish an event into being.

Line up.

1 Like

Only one has scammed people in this community though. Just sayin.

1 Like

absolutely. bad business practices are bad business practices. shitty ceos are shitty ceos. the only difference is mike beard is apparently offering shitty products, whilst amazon offers convenience at the cost of workers happiness. and honestly, this is pretty unrelated to his business. this is a convention, not an esk8 part. and if mike IS good at running those, hopefully he has found his niche and wont keep shipping crap parts out and not caring when those break. or maybe hell learn something from the vendors that are coming, a lot of them are ok. either of those options would be a plus. i imagine itll be a shit show, which makes me even more excited to see it. but im still gonna be there, because, hell, why not go to vegas and meet up with a buncha yall to troll this dude then go ride, worst case. if its shit we can just leave, like i said. and if its just mike tryna make a dollar, well be there to warn people about his products. and, i dont put it past him to actually change and do better business. i dont think a lot of you would care if he did. youd reject his parts even if he developed a new type of battery that surpassed ours. but, if none of his haters go, thats how he wins. if all of us go, thats how we either squash the beef, because im not past believing the man could change, or squash the whole festival and make sure everyone there knows why. @BillGordon jokingly volunteered me, but i legit will run a better one if i gotta. and bill, if i thats what i gotta do, ill buy you a plane ticket myself, bud.
best case, we get a sweet ass event and mike pays. worst case, we get a shit event, and mike still pays, and were all together for a rare weekend, and its in vegas. i think theres no way that this ISNT a net gain for the community. /endrant

4 Likes

Kind of my feelings too but I still think people aren’t going to listen, and just want to hate on mb because he hurt them and didn’t apologize

I don’t think he’s on the same level as Jason either

2 Likes

see what i dont get is why they reject the opportunity to go confront him on it. i for one LOVE confronting dickheads. sometimes i get to make my favorite decision: punch a dickhead or punch a dick in the head. but by the time i got in the game, 5 minutes of research said “DO NOT BUY MBOARDS” and if thats still the case, i will tell the kids at his booth that myself. itll be more effective with the fuck mike gang there, though, and they are the ones i want to show up the most.

2 Likes

Lmao nice one

PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION
lmfao

1 Like

I’m not speaking ironically, but you should check out Blade Show. The amount of money that flows through that convention is astounding. Especially since it’s all in cash. Specifically, dirty sweaty wads of cash.

Casually unpacks the a7siii and 12-24mm f2.8 GM

:eyes:

If I’m going to Vegas, it’s only for Penn & Teller.

9 Likes

did not mean any esk8 rider youtubers particularly, but general tech reviewers seems like plenty could be interested.

Oh…good then. More Penn & Teller for me.

:pensive:

6 Likes

well I was thinking local people it would only make sense to go to this small time event

2 Likes

MBoards has been around since 2018. Back in the day, he fucked up by not shipping stuff or shipping the wrong stuff, and not making good on any of it. He got hammered and came into .builders swearing up and down that he learned his lesson and would change his ways.

He didn’t. The next round of guys got fucked, and the same pattern went down a few times. Now here we are, with like the fourth generation of guys getting ready to give him yet another chance.

As for the “new type of battery” thing, he doesn’t develop anything, but instead resells from the Chinese market. Which is fine, IF you do it with fair pricing and quality customer service. Mike doesn’t, and never has. Reputations are usually earned for a reason, and this is the case with Mike Beard and MBoards.

Part of being on this forum is steering guys away from the iceberg, but everyone learns their lessons differently.

I was only partly joking, because I have a lot of respect and appreciation for ACTUAL event planners. My wife is a P.R. Exec, so she has a lot of respect for this market segment, too. People who haven’t run an event like this are in for a rude awakening.

So @kai - if you do ever decide to give esk8 the kind of event it deserves, I promise to help out in any way I can. I would love to see a proper event like this go down, and I think it could potentially inform and challenge markets that don’t really know how to engage with the DIY crowd. Could be really fucking transformative, actually.

9 Likes

I guess for those who have unwittingly been screwed over in the past the idea of paying to travel to Vegas to confront a guy at his own event would be pretty intimidating and costly. But you could always punch his dick for them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

exactly. as for the new battery thing, i dont think he could pull it off, it was a hyperbole. if he did, id prefer people forget his past in the name of progress was my point. as for the rest, EXACTLY. ill be at the iceberg to direct to the safe path, for one. especially cuz its in vegas, and i want to skate the strip. also, nevada is the only state where automatic firearms are legal, and im tryna push my luck and unload a kriss vector super v in the desert on my skateboard. is that so wrong???

2 Likes

Lol he thirsty. What do yall think, should I go? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

lets all chip in to hire someone to show up in a duck costume and throw AA batteries at people

im in for $50

19 Likes