Esk8 Convention 2022

Lol it was a very weird way to put it

fact of the matter is people overestimate how big this community is in relation to the prebuilt community haha

I don’t underestimate the number of folks with more money than skill out there.

However I don’t think I’m underestimating the impact of this event.

6 Likes

This an admirably bizarre analogy, good sir. Me and my Fedora applaud you.

3 Likes

Will it, though? Reputations are built on achievement, Gladys. I challenge you to name one far-reaching, open-source esk8 development platform you’ve spearheaded.

Just one.

10 Likes

Fun fact:

An original Tamagotchi can continue to function for up to 2 weeks inside the human rectal cavity.

15 Likes

The fuck lol?

5 Likes

That’s not what i meant.
I’d rather think of this thing as not being about YOUR reputation but the reputation you could give the whole sport by participating.
Like either the whole range of what’s being possible is present in LA or just the boring stuff that i, as a possible newby person visiting the event, consider to be “the whole thing”. And yes: Totally screwed up in being precise here. Hope this clears it up.
.gif somehow makes me uncomfortable

2 Likes

Yeah nah.

By collaborating with fuckwits and scumbags makes you a fuckwit and scumbag by association.

Fuck that.

9 Likes

Quite frankly this is an excellent quote.
In sports it’s the same. If you want to be the best you try not to be with less good people when you train, as the tendancy is too identify with them and you level decreases, unlike when you have someone better than you, you try your best to be as good (or better!).

Very few can just be the best, because with no one better than you you have no reference point.

I say this as an athlete with experience :ok_hand:

Edit/
Of course some people are not competitive at all and that’s why they are where they are

5 Likes

This is why we keep Al around. I’ve personally made dozens of dollars selling mugs with Al quotes on them. DOZENS.

10 Likes

i raise. 3 nipples.

1 Like

3? you’re that girl from Futurama with 3 boobs?

1 Like

I saw @BillGordon on Embarrassing Bodies on Australian TV. His nuts were so big he carried them in a wheelbarrow

4 Likes

I already told you I was just retaining fluid.

2 Likes

Now make this same argument, but with a convention put on by JayPo and the Enertion comeback team as “silent sponsors” to celebrate the release of their latest single shunt “totally new” (V)ESC design, the Fenka.

Tell me how we can’t afford to not buy tickets from Jason Potter and his massive shit piling. And how it will totally be good for the sport.

Some of you guys are doing serious moral gymnastics and it’s hilarious. Go if you want, no one’s stopping you, but don’t expect a big ol approving pat on the back from the rest of the community. Get your youtube footage already.

3 Likes

By all means: Do your thing.
You guys know better than me what’s going on in the scene. Just thought it could be fun for you to steal the show.

1 Like

I’m very new to this community and I only know what I’ve read from many people here and on other esk8 communities and from what I HAVENT read from the guy who has appeared to have made a lot of bad decisions.
Why would going to his convention, paying him money, encouraging more people to attend his show, therefore sending him more business and increasing his standing in the wider community in any way turn out to be “stealing the show”. Sounds like enabling a conman to me but what do I know?

2 Likes

So just to clarify none of you guys morality policing this order anything from Amazon, right? Cuz ya know, bezos is bad, or whatever? And the flood of noobs that will inevitably be there, you’d prefer not to be there to offer them guidance? Mike Beard can do that, right?

3 Likes

Are you comparing MBoards to Amazon?

Why not.

Both run by douchebags.
Both with bad business practices.
Both make more money than they deserve.

2 Likes