Esk8 Convention 2022

1 Like

popcorns-crackhead-eating

1 Like

Ah shit here we go again

5 Likes

This one was pretty tragic, a real shame.

4 Likes

ive only run one CONVENTION technically. sounds fun. my favorite event i do is this yearly charity auction.

2 Likes

This could be the start of something specialā€¦

4 Likes

i prefer to take that outlook on everything.

2 Likes

I personally still find conventions very useful in my line of work. Nothing beats true hands on, personally meeting and talking to people in which you do business,(or might do business with), and networking.
Actually headed to Chicago in September for FABTECH, which is always great.

9 Likes

i kinda wish there were more esk8.news articles. The enertion eulogy was an interesting read even though things are even more different now.

1 Like

Are you guys having a group discussion of whether or not to support Mike Beard in a profit making adventure?

10 Likes

Before you come in here and spread more negativity, did you actually read all of the posts in this thread?

No one knows what to actually think about this

People will be upset that the event happens or doesnā€™t happen - why not just take advantage of the opportunity. I doubt mike will make anything from this.

3 Likes

I read it all yes my dude. Consider that with his obscurity and seo rankings Mike has likely ripped off more people than Jason Potter. Let that sink in.

6 Likes

letting a grudge get in the way of progress is little dick energy.

2 Likes

Nowadays taking a quick look at the site it looks like about half of the products are low tier chinese crap

The other half is a mix of mid tier parts and unknown quality batteries, with, ironically, unities.

I wouldnā€™t necessisarily consider him to be ripping people off anymore, heā€™s upgraded since the fiasco that we are familiar with. Iā€™ve never talked to him or anything like that but it seems like most of the stuff on there is moderate value.

It doesnā€™t seem like people should care this much. According to the site he has a warranty policy, and Iā€™m not going to buy anything, but at the same time, what is the point in not letting people experience an event that could actually end up being decent

If the event is a failure and it sucks, so be it. Mike loses money and considers if it should even happen again.

I mean he has to have put at least 10 grand into it already with the rentals

Maybe we attend, observe, and figure out if it would be better run by our community in 2023 - I would love to have a large SoCal eskate event

2 Likes

The wife and I are gonna go that weekend no matter what. Good excuse to go to Vegas. 12 hour drive to bring boards and have fun. (For me) Letā€™s group ride there if nothing else.

5 Likes

You should check out MassiveStatorā€™s ESK8-BRO Dog & Pony show, then revisit this question.

3 Likes

Worst case is yā€™allā€™s just go and do a esk8 cannonball or something thru the city

5 Likes

Iā€™ll bet you both my nipples that this doesnā€™t go off.

2 Likes

Question is: Can you guys (not financially but by reputation) afford to not be part of this?
Say i plan a convention on piling up shit and iā€™m able to achieve piles of a certain height that iā€™m trying to sell as the genre standard while your guysā€™ shit piles are triple the height and also they are way more chunky.
Not that iā€™m ā€œpart of the sceneā€ at all, i just happen to own a board, but iā€™ve got the feeling that too many people abandoned the community over the last months (i might be totally wrong here).
You guys really should be present if only for showing new guys how itā€™s done properly and to make sure ā€œprebuilt china clonesā€ (exagerating) are not sold as genre standard.

200w

Yeah, pretty sure my street cred will be intact if I somehow go to Las Vegas and avoid going to a fuckin prebuilt electric skateboard convention. :joy:

7 Likes