Esk8 Convention 2022

fuck that, no one complains about magnetos wealth cuz he took it from NAZIS when he was young.
oh yeah no one gets my xmen references here. T.T

also, id almost like to see it even more if it IS a dumpster fire. unless its a dumpster full of mboards batteries. that would be too predictable. ayyyyyy

1 Like

I’ll take this one personally :sob:

I just got past the enertion drama chapter, next chapter is psychotiller

6 Likes

Thanks for volunteering to put together a true DIY esk8 convention. Respect.

2 Likes

Keep a bucket of sand ready.

9 Likes

Jesus, those guys are like the kindergarten stories. Wait til you get to the Jeff Wu saga

14 Likes
1 Like

popcorns-crackhead-eating

1 Like

Ah shit here we go again

5 Likes

This one was pretty tragic, a real shame.

4 Likes

ive only run one CONVENTION technically. sounds fun. my favorite event i do is this yearly charity auction.

2 Likes

This could be the start of something special…

4 Likes

i prefer to take that outlook on everything.

2 Likes

I personally still find conventions very useful in my line of work. Nothing beats true hands on, personally meeting and talking to people in which you do business,(or might do business with), and networking.
Actually headed to Chicago in September for FABTECH, which is always great.

9 Likes

i kinda wish there were more esk8.news articles. The enertion eulogy was an interesting read even though things are even more different now.

1 Like

Are you guys having a group discussion of whether or not to support Mike Beard in a profit making adventure?

10 Likes

Before you come in here and spread more negativity, did you actually read all of the posts in this thread?

No one knows what to actually think about this

People will be upset that the event happens or doesn’t happen - why not just take advantage of the opportunity. I doubt mike will make anything from this.

3 Likes

I read it all yes my dude. Consider that with his obscurity and seo rankings Mike has likely ripped off more people than Jason Potter. Let that sink in.

6 Likes

letting a grudge get in the way of progress is little dick energy.

2 Likes

Nowadays taking a quick look at the site it looks like about half of the products are low tier chinese crap

The other half is a mix of mid tier parts and unknown quality batteries, with, ironically, unities.

I wouldn’t necessisarily consider him to be ripping people off anymore, he’s upgraded since the fiasco that we are familiar with. I’ve never talked to him or anything like that but it seems like most of the stuff on there is moderate value.

It doesn’t seem like people should care this much. According to the site he has a warranty policy, and I’m not going to buy anything, but at the same time, what is the point in not letting people experience an event that could actually end up being decent

If the event is a failure and it sucks, so be it. Mike loses money and considers if it should even happen again.

I mean he has to have put at least 10 grand into it already with the rentals

Maybe we attend, observe, and figure out if it would be better run by our community in 2023 - I would love to have a large SoCal eskate event

2 Likes

The wife and I are gonna go that weekend no matter what. Good excuse to go to Vegas. 12 hour drive to bring boards and have fun. (For me) Let’s group ride there if nothing else.

5 Likes