Esk8 confessional

I see you are a man of culture as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hate hang-overs… I’d live some 30 years without one… and now… it’s not pretty

5 Likes

Can you get a hangover if you never stop drinking?

3 Likes

NVAR

but my record was 4 days, ended up back at my hootch with 4 new monsoon wives… it did not suck! i donnt know how to put negative inuendo on this… but it was not as bad as it sounds…

4 Likes

it finally happened boys. i finally bailed at 20-25, esc shut off randomly while i was cruising downhill. didn’t hit my head but a bunch of wounds all around from catching myself and rolling

really considering some proper fingerless gloves. might fuck around with a helmet. who knows.

I forgot who I had to @ for the good news but yall will see it im sure of it

6 Likes

giphy (49)

There’s genuinely no excuse.

7 Likes

this shit really goes wrong too often to be riding around at speed without one. gonna start reading around tonight for government check sponsored safety gear

4 Likes

If you’re not going to drop $250 - 500 on a helmet (which is quite high, imo…) I reccomend my helmet:

The ‘LS2 breaker’

It’s “cheap”, light and has decent aftermarket support on visors, pads, etc. It also has DOT and ECE 22.05 ratings.

My only gripe is the visor locking… Thing… On the bottom broke off, but after jbwelding it back on its been great

3 Likes

Does anybody do autocross/track in here? We need to get helmets to run our cars in autox or track days, I was wondering if those helmets would also be safe for longboarding.

LS2 looks kinda badass too. I’m really leaning towards full face instead of a bucket for the chin protection, how’s your mobility with this? Both while it’s on your head/visibility + when you’re carrying it at your hip while indoors?

2 Likes

My buddy did motocross for a long time, and has worn Fox helmets both before and after he was signed… So they should be good enough if you’re aiming for something like that :thinking:

My mobility…? I guess it’s fine? My head isn’t weighed down or anything like that lol

Visibility is kind of a downside, although once you’ve worn it for 5+ rides it starts to feel normal. If my regular vision is say… 160° when staring straight ahead, the helmet reduces that to… Maybe 110° or so? Totally guestimating on the actual degrees of vision, but if you were to just compare the difference between the numbers I think it’s fairly accurate.

Another gripe is that if you wear glasses, taking your glasses off and putting them on every time you want to remove or put on the helmet off is a bit of a pain… But this probably isn’t a unique issue to the Breaker, but instead these types of helmets since it’s all about good fitment :thinking:

Also if this is your first rodeo buying a full face helmet make sure you know your head shape. Mine fits nicely in the LS2 but it was all guesswork :man_shrugging:t2:

The breaker is a ‘neutral to intermediate oval’

3 Likes

@kook might know, he does Rides all kinds of stiff

2 Likes

These are cheap and I wear them the most, even though I have “better”, more expensive helmets

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZV3N40/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A2C6BBDOL1WM5L&th=1

1 Like

Why do you wear these more often? Less bulky?

1 Like

They are light and breathable and the strap is easy to use and they are comfortable.

I mean, read into that what you will, but there are more expensive helmets right next to it but I usually grab the S1 Retro Lifer

This is actually closer to what I have

https://www.amazon.com/S-ONE-Retro-Lifer-CPSC-Multi-Impact/dp/B08151Q4X1/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=S1%2BRetro%2BLifer%2Bhelmet&qid=1590948267&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

except mine is white, which they don’t have in Large anymore

But just because a helmet is more expensive, doesn’t mean you’ll like more – and if you don’t like it as much, it won’t get worn as often. So getting one you like is key.

2 Likes

This sounds silly, but makes such a big difference. D rings suck.

4 Likes

It depends.
I commute 20+km both ways at highish speeds.
I use a full face motorcycle helmet with a d-ring strap, motorcycle jacket, knee pads and slide gloves.

When I want to go for an errand within a 1km radius, I usually grab the TSG open face skate helmet and slide gloves only and try to ride slower.

3 Likes

for my first and main build i bought a used deck and it had moon written on it in the actual deck
never actually remembered to ask @moon if it was his or where it came from

i think its a vinyl with spray frit on it

No tight tight turns? 180° and tighter turns are a non-issue for me. :thinking:

Tight turns are possible of course. I’m talking about that bikes can turn without moving the rear wheel or they can slam the handle to the right and do a 10x tighter turn than any of the boards are able to.

I’m aware of this. The only thing I want is legal riding. And I claim the fact, that my board can’t launch, because my throttle is locked, when I am off the board.

1 Like