Esk8 confessional

Confession: I say I’m done mucking around with new packs but bad influences on the interwebz always seem to get me. Damn it.

3 Likes

I want to murder anyone that sends me more than two text messages before I reply. vibrating my ass or constantly dinging in my ear is not going to get me to answer you quicker. It’s only going to make me want to vivisect you for black market organ money.

13 Likes

@DEEIF @ahrav

Took the hanger to machine shop today and they got the shoulder bolt out without damaging the threads in the hanger somehow.!

10 Likes

Ahhh helll yea. Awesome stuff.

Which machine shop did you take it too. I feel like I need to keep note when I screw shit up too.

2 Likes

Out of my 3 boards -

Pneummies
TB 110
Hubmotor

the Hub board is the most comfortable with the least pain, and the most trusted board. The hub board is the only one i confidently can go full brake while full throttling.

No maintenance
Grab it and go.
No tools.
The oldest
And has the most miles

With the AT build i always take all sorts of tool with me, have to pump up the tires every few days. Preparation minimum 15 minutes before i can ride.

3 Likes

I thought I put this battery on storage charge 3 months ago :thinking: …guess no :grimacing:, oh well lets see how long it holds up.

6 Likes

It’ll be fiiiine

6 Likes

Strange, mine is grab and go. Do you loctite screws and slime tubes?

Everything is loctited yes but i always tinker with it.

The tubes lose air without puncture, never had a flat but after the course of 2 days or so it loses 2 bar/ 20 PSI. Not sure where the leak is, there are no bubbles when holding it underwater.

It’s most likely leaking from the valve. How long are you leaving it under water? If it’s a slow leak you won’t see many bubbles unless it’s there for awhile.

1 Like

that’s probably it.

I’ve held it underwater und turned it bit by bit to see any leaks. After having found none i held it for dunno 20 or so seconds still without seeing anything come up.

1 Like

Re-core the valves, or take the cores out, lube the o-ring, and screw back in which will re-seat the seal.

5 Likes

You can hold it or use a weight and keep it under water for much longer. Add some soap to the water without getting it foamy, If you really want to find it. Reworking your vale is likely your best bet, as the previous poster mentioned.

3 Likes

You have been very fortunate, I think. Other cases in Germany can possibly have a much worse outcome. It’s a shame. Legalize it!

1 Like

Would it be less illegal with lights lol?

The whole point of prohibiting esk8 is so silly.
Who are you putting in danger by riding it?
Pedestrians maybe, but not more than you do with a regular bicycle!
You can’t harm any over people, because they’ll harm you. I want to have the right to get smashed by a car or truck.

Riding Esk8s puts most of the danger to you, not others. It’s close to riding a bicycle without a helmet.

But with our politicians here being 60+ years old on average, it can take a long long time until they realize we even exist. xD
And an ever longer time until they legalize it.

Nope. ^^

1 Like

One of the main problems (i assume) is that you can hurt people without being on your board if your board takes off. Another safety factor is the handle, you just can’t turn as tight as with a bike or dodge people, brakes are another thing. Mechanical >> electical brakes.

2 Likes

I slept in my riding pants (gracias @JaysTCB) twice this week.

I don’t even think it’s that weird to pass out In a lazyroller hoody, so no comment on the chronicity of that occurrence.

9 Likes

bonus points awarded for using “chronicity” in a sentence

3 Likes

i thought chronicity was Dr. Dre’s follow up album that got shelved, no?

:rofl:

3 Likes