Esk8 confessional

I worship skatan and ride with a board that clearly needs maintenance. Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins.

10 Likes

Hahaha come join the dark side!

1 Like

its either regen or tuck, baby.

9 Likes

not everyone is “equipped” the same way for that control method

5 Likes

i once thought it’d be a good idea to go rly fast and then kick push for MORE speed. i kick pushed, flew of my board and landed on my helmet and remote.

yes, i tried to kick push going around 25 mph

27 Likes

I was stopped at a red traffic light and felt the need to pull up my jeans. Well, the mini remote doesn’t have a deadman switch and as I went to put the remote in my jumper, I clipped the throttle and the board went flying across the road. luckily there were no cars coming.

moral of the story: run red lights :grinning:

19 Likes

ah yes. someone dumber than me :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Oh yeah I also regularly slide my esk8 for fun, the wheels are 83a Kegel so they won’t wear out to soon but still my drive wheel especially (it’s a single drive so I end up spinning it a lot, oopsie) is pretty ugly looking and stoneground.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie here My brother and I solder and spot-weld in my basement with no windows open or fume extractor on, so far so good. About 4 batteries packs came outta that basement with the fire alarm going off only once :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I wired an xt60 on backwards and my bms caught fire. Disconnected dead bms and wired the battery correctly. I then stuck multi meter probes into the battery xt to check whether I had killed my pack and it arced, blew the meter sky high and welded the probes to the connector. In my defense, it was 1 am and I was a six pack and a half down. Its for this reason I have massive battery ptsd. I still get drunk though. Priorities are important.

31 Likes

ive been there. im terrified of mistakes. i was working on a 12s pack and had slightly sweaty hands a few years ago. i got shocked and ended up slightly peeing myself. i blame the electricity.

21 Likes

I like rusty spoons and making gravy without the lumps.

1 Like

I just spent 4k on esk8 parts for my first build and got fired from my job yesterday. With a newborn due in a month! Doh!

15 Likes

I know those feels

4 Likes

I think the responsible thing to do here is sell the baby.

53 Likes

As a complete or parted out?

41 Likes
  1. I like fancy cars that are not meant to be daily drivers and guzzle gas… I have over 100 pics of them from car shows etc… pm me if you want some lol
  2. I, like @DerelictRobot , haven’t turned one/my only working board off since I got it…
5 Likes

Oh I can’t believe you went there :joy:

3 Likes

Wow. That’s some serious banter right there.

4 Likes

I packed all my protective gear while moving about 5 days ago…I’ve still been riding 4ish miles a day…I like the feeling of the wind in my hair

My batteries are still only held with a metal bar and duct tape…it’s covered in rust already

1 Like