Esk8 confessional

Everyone is invited to test drive her when it’s Finished. Getting the batt from @RedBaron. Not sure what vesc I know trampa has a monster vesc for large EV applications. Just not sure what Ethrottle to use

4 Likes

I weld p-groups together with a car battery. Not blowing myself up or burning my house to the ground in this way has actually been one of the biggest adrenalin rushes I’ve had. Over 100 miles and counting on the battery, so far so good

3 Likes

I just bought another ESC.

5 Likes

i haven’t been riding my board cause i broke my finger.

yeah… I couldn’t find my loopkey for setting my failsafe on my new board, so instead I used a screwdriver to link the connections
I thought I shorted it because there was a big spark, but my failsafe was actually set fine

6 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

thought about adding rolling lawn instead of grip tape for summer time barefoot riding:sunglasses:

9 Likes

More than once I have had soldering sessions with the windows closed and a homemade fume extractor that I know is doing a less than perfect job.

In my flimsy defense it was winter and freezing.

Whenever I purchase something from AliExpress, I can’t help myself looking for the best deals. Usually I end up taking 10-20 extra mins to save 10-20c.

35 Likes

I don’t like stickers. Most of the stickers I get included with orders end up in the trash.
In the rare occasion I decide to keep them, they still end up in the trash years later.

26 Likes

Get out.

12 Likes

Can’t do that. I threw away the exit sticker so I can’t find my way out.

22 Likes

You won’t be gettin mine then

9 Likes

Nothing personal moonbeam. It is what it is.

7 Likes

I like stickers :smiley:

9 Likes

I get stickers and most of them just sit in a box

I dont throw them away tho :rofl:

8 Likes

Same with me. There’s a big stack of stickers sitting somewhere in the garage. At one point I was gonna take the grip off one of my esk8s sticker bomb the bottom and put clear grip over it. But I got lazy cuz the current grip works and the grip tape would just end up with dirt all over it and not be clear anymore. So the stack just sits there, maybe eventually I’ll do something with them.

4 Likes

Send them to me so i can do a esk8 version of this.

10 Likes

If I have any left, I may just do that.

1 Like

It’s what I originally wanted to do but I realized there’s not a whole lot of variety of color & Style with esk8 stickers. And 99% of them are nothing but letters. Good stickerbomb needs a mix of words and images.

3 Likes