Esk8 confessional

i will take those hoyt wheels off u :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

was thinking the same thing lol

1 Like

Looking to offload mine pm me if you’re interested.

1 Like

getting rid of your Hoyt wheels? what?

5 inch pneumies are just too small for me. You can’t quite ride it with the same confidence as 6 inch pneumies so, I think that’s going to be my minimum. Otherwise I’ll just ride thanes

This is a hole that only 120*80 thanes could fill

2 Likes

125 - 130mm, 90mm CP IMHO

2 Likes

I think 130 is getting too big for what thanes are good at, the great torque on pavement. The bigger you go the more you lose torque and gain speed right? Assuming same gear ratio.

Mind you I’d try 100mm CP thanes at least once. Idk how much contact patch would be too much, if there even is such a thing.

Theoretically, the rolling friction could get large enough to cause issues with efficiency but I don’t think it would ever realistically be an issue. It is a force where you would have to be intentionally increasing it to see any issues. You’d likely see issues from the sheer extra weight and other factors before the contact patch became an issue

1 Like

it’s like a fish story… every time I think about it, it’s a bit bigger.

4 Likes

Inb4 200mm thanes

2 Likes

I actually ride 130s. As long as you adjust the gear ratio, they just melt poor streets. And keep your range high while avoiding flats. They’re heavy though.

2 Likes

added gyroscopic stability

1 Like

inb4 someone makes 200mm dia x 100mm CP thane and gyroscopic precession just makes it impossible to steer

1 Like

Sometimes a good confession is all you need to whip your ass back in to working on boards. Board is reassembled and ready to ride!

As soon as these all day thunderstorms stop.

5 Likes

This is always when my boards seem to get fixed lol

3 Likes

its been raining every afternoon here like clockwork and all night too recently. Damn streets don’t have time to dry, been skating in slick streets for weeks.

4 Likes

That’s just how life is in my part of the world for about 5 months/year.

Hence why I believe waterproofing boards is a necessity.

1 Like

I haven’t punched a car window, hunted a motorists, or kicked over a bird scooter in 2 years plus.

Someone told me I’ve been skating like a pussy lately.

There is a healthy middle ground im not at yet.

11 Likes

Kicking over Bird scooters actually makes more pollution :expressionless:

1 Like