Esk8 confessional

All the different options for VESCs were kind of overwhelming and so were all the opinions on them, so I just bought a used and known to be working FESC. It saved me some money and I didn’t need to be concerned with having to go back and forth with the manufacturer/store if I was sent a dead one

5 Likes

Username checks out.

4 Likes

…I have to confess I still wear the worn pair whenever I can, I still love them even if they let in sand and water :joy:

…still some stopping in that rear inner bit :joy:

10 Likes

Just organized all my eskate parts only to realize I may be hoarding grip tape…

There are 5 that are long board size and only one that is skate board length, but two of them cost ~$46 a piece and I was planning to put them on my eskate and yet still haven’t switched them out yet. The first one arrived almost exactly a year ago.

4 Likes

Preach it sister, same here.
Strips of various skateboard, longboard and Onewheel griptape and I should be throwing at least half of it away.

1 Like

Guilty as charged. Those are my MTB shoes with a hard sole, can’t wear my regular ones as they have a soft sole.

4 Likes

I had to toss out the unused strips of grip tape when moving last year, but if not for that I wouldn’t have thrown them out. All the ones in the box are completely unused.

I love building/riding, but
I fucking hate maintenance/repairs/tire swaps. Even worse, going into the enclosure, fuck that noise.

13 Likes

Preach

2 Likes

this

If I have to open the enclosure, then I made it wrong the first time

5 Likes

THIS

Even though I tend to need back into the enclosure, this is how I feel every time.

TBF I’m still learning to make electronics skate-proof. But if I have to open the e-box then clearly I did something wrong.

2 Likes

The one pearl of wisdom I learned young and now preach:

If you don’t have time to do it right, you better have time to do it again.

11 Likes

Decisions were made

4 Likes

I know this lesson extremely well. I don’t think I will ever stop learning this lesson :sweat_smile:

1 Like

close to one of the first things I remember my Dad teaching me “if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing right” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know which is worst, cause only a couple(?) years ago we didn’t have very many ESCs to choose from.

My name’s Andrew and I’m addicted to collecting esk8 wheels

15 Likes

boyo you got a lot of untouched rubber there lmao

2 Likes

Yea, might be time to sell some off

4 Likes

I still haven’t reassembled my board since getting home from Carve…

8 Likes