Esk8 confessional

Yes and yes, but make it 20S and GD to be sure.

3 Likes

20s GD, 63100 all around.

2 Likes

Gear drive pneumatics? Is that even a thing that happens on caliber trucks?
If i sell trampa vescs to get 2 stormcores my wallet will quite literally pluck it’s eyes out

@Minimadness i’m quite sure i could tow my 16 tonne machine at work with 4 of those motors

Today i replaced the bearings from some second hand 6x2 pneumatic hubs bought from here.
They started sounding suspiciously like a loose magnet and gave me enough of a scare to go home on foot.

On closer inspection, the fucked bearings were hammered in so badly that the bearing race formed “lips” in some places, added with recent rain/rust and it started locking up.

Cough cough @Halbj613 use a damn table vise grip and 2 chucks of wood god damn it.

3 Likes

And maybe a punch tool :smile:

Another bullet point for the discussion list… lol.

3 Likes

fuck the estUUpid punch tool… go out to Dad’s tools, get yourself an appropriately sized socket, that aligns with the outer edge of the bearings and tippy-tap it into place…

why everyone make this shit hard?

hard to believe anyone buys his fukked up shit…

5 Likes

I feel like putting someone there to slap his hands every time he reaches for the impact drill/electric screwdriver would go a loooong way in improving his work.

Also someone to choose the right screw for the application and clicky torque thingies to put on manual screwdrivers and wrenches.

Also someone to remind him of those spare parts that weren’t there before he opened shit up (cough bearing spacers).

Maybe even some ikea style assembly instructions, complete with guy who makes him follow them…

Young guys don’t have patience for anything now, dunno

4 Likes

There were there and in the same city, complete with pulleys. To be fair they got their money’s worth till the good stuff arrives from china

1 Like

Well you can either learn from others or by streetfacing and then learning from others. One or the other will happen.

3 Likes

I get a good sense of that when I try and help someone… honestly one has but one chance with me… do stUUpid shit when told not to do it, will earn you derision, humiliation, and a ticket for the darwin awards competition…

I think darwin had it right, and we need to cull the herd

3 Likes

This butyl tape stuff is so awesome it’s making me consider giving up waterproofing — and just do a killer job of water resisting instead.

8 Likes

Flex tape stuff?

http://ddg.gg/butyl%20tape

The stuff @rosco suggested, and I tried some

4 Likes

Thanks.

Between that, and not having any wires exit the enclosure, only male XT30, male MR60, male XT90 epoxied through the enclosure wall, then it’s super sealed. Like, super sealed, beyond what I thought was possible without potting the entire enclosure. That stuff even creeps down the threads on the bolts holding the enclosure on, it goes everywhere

It’s taken the water resistance game so high that I don’t know if waterproofing is even needed any more.

I wouldn’t use it on an ABS enclosure though, because you’d never be able to remove it without destroying it. I had to use a lot of force and brutely pry to get the fiberglass enclosure off, and it didn’t come off without a big altercation. I probably could have removed all the bolts and put a couple hundred more kilometers on it without it budging.

2 Likes

I got like 5 full (30kg+ each) boxes of that stuff at work, from a previous job and they never use it. I’ve been eyeballing it for too long to seal my gasket enclosure…

I’m thinking of using flexible sillicone or rubber sheets and vaccuum seal all the electronics inside, pot the wires through so it’s water and air tight and be done with it

3 Likes

Also, dupont tyvek acrylic tape is the shit. Got like 800 rolls, 30 quid each for 8m though… i swear fishpaper is a joke compared to that tape

1 Like

I was using underlayment tape this past week and wondering if it’s the same. Super moldable, thin, water resistant.

https://www.google.com/search?q=underlayment+tape&oq=underlayment+tape&aqs=chrome..69i57.3295j0j7&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

I updated my bio because I was bored :eyes: @discobot somehow had nothing to do with it… although there was a lot of options he would have came in handy for

4 Likes