Esk8 confessional

bought new in box caliber trucks to see what i’m missing out on, paid $40 shipped

they arrived usps priority, shipping label indicates $20.00 in postage

kinda feel bad for the seller

6 Likes

I’m on my board for the first time in a week due to the constant rain but it doesn’t spark any joy…

6 Likes

Telemetry logs are annoying to scroll through and read so I often skip them :grimacing:

7 Likes

My brudah here !

1 Like

Want to build esk8 stuff.

2 Likes

Horrible confession to make
@b264 is right

Hfi for the win

Switched to it on 1 motor and it is amazing
Bit loud on the bench but awesome everywhere else

Still have some issues when heavy acceleration up a steep hill but I think that is because of the hall sensor motor

@b264 wins

2 Likes

i learned that proper belt tension/adjustment makes a big difference in acceleration, braking and efficiency. I may have to lower battery and motor values…this thing is too damn fast now.

2 Likes

I bought 3D Servisas pulleys from @CiscoV without first checking to see if they would fit on my TB precision trucks. Now I am stuck living that bolt-on life.

2 Likes

I was using my heat gun and shrinking some heat shrink around new solder joints, was hot so I rested the heat shrink briefly on the thin carpet before moving it again cause I was too lazy to find a new outlet for the gun and heat it back up again. Left a burn mark on that carpet.
Then proceeded to turn on the board before going outside, accidentally bumped the throttle and the wheel ripped a patch in the carpet upstairs… all in the same day.
let’s just say mama no esta feliz.

10 Likes

I have 2 builds that run no bms

Have done for 6 months and a year respectively.

don’t give a fuck. Fight me.

6 Likes

Tehe. It’s true. But I watch my cells obsessively at least once before charging. Almost always. But I’ve changed and just got a huge amount of lithium iron A123 26650 cells and they’re very hard to go to flame…unless u drill through like 4 of them in the pack with a drill. And then the flames from those didn’t ignite the rest so that’s good. And I now pass the confession mike to @evoheyax

7 Likes

My confession is that I also like LiFePO4, but mostly because of the high cycle life and that they work well in cold. Mostly the high cycle life. Nothing worse than an otherwise completely functional skate with a worn-out battery.

They will put a huge dent in your range though

5 Likes

…DAMNED if you do DAMNED if you don’t…

we had an everlasting winter here in ca. and we turn our motor-amps way the faaaaaaaaak up… now it’s getting back to normal temps here… i’ve smelt some burning motors… better do a sanity check on my motor amps…

3 Likes

Update time. I just received a letter from the regional council regarding my confiscation.

At first i feared that they found out they fucked themselves but they just want money for the broken laws of using a not insured vehicle, having no lights etc.

The fine consists of:

70€ for the broken laws
25€ fee
3.50€ for paper expenses.

98.50€ total. + I’m getting 1 point added to my Driving aptitude register.

here is the whole story for those who haven’t read it yet :smiley:

11 Likes

I’ve started accelerating downhill, gravity is just not doing enough for me anymore :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yesterday, I drilled into 4 a123 cells by accident. I ran out of my house like a mad man waiting for the pack to blow up. The 4 cells were on fire and smoked for about 20 minutes, and then put itself out. No other cells caught fire. Only 8 cells were damaged. The rest survived and no uncontrollable fire, unlike my 30Q incident…

12 Likes

I’ve been running real puffy lipos in my mtb for about a year, but instead of replacing them i buy new motors…

9 Likes

Back on topic…

This is what happens when you don’t notice that the charger is set to 220V :zipper_mouth_face:

It was me AND the hardware. But mostly me.

2 Likes

LiFePO4 confession time. The Headway 40152S cells I run are 5 years old and second hand, they were saved out of a cold warehouse by yours truly for $3 USD per 15Ah cell (that’s $60 for my current 20S 990Wh battery kids!).

I bang on them pretty hard, no BMS either (yay brother-from-another-mother @Dareno!) and charge them from a wall charger. When I checked voltage 4 days ago, they were all perfectly balanced (to within 0.01V). Fight me.

14 Likes

with all this fake-news accounts going about i have to confess, i am not actually scott morrison, the prime minister of australia sorry.

9 Likes