ERPM Limited Braking & Reverse Discussion

I thought thats just how all the other modes felt like. I’ve never experienced a mode other than current that can hold the board completely still

Smart reverse can. Engage it, then let off the throttle till it’s almost back to center. Takes some practice since it’s temperamental but it’s possible. Far from ideal

2 Likes

I thought the same but his issue is there is no braking at all. It’s just free rolling. None of my maker escs will hold on an incline but they will still hold some sort of braking. His doesn’t.

1 Like

Have you tried reflashing the firmware and starting again? It seems odd that this would be a hardware issue

1 Like

didn’t someone working on having lock motor when u hold on full brake? can’t find the damn thread

2 Likes

Yeah. It came with 5.03 so I reflashed their bin(and bootloader). Same issue, tried 6.02. Same thing.

Thought it might just be a maker thing but swapped to my dv4s and it works perfectly as it should using all the same running gear and settings.

If you hold the brake back it should give some friction even at stand still.

This has no friction at all and when you are moving at speed it will brake then releases itself, free rolling even though I’m still holding the brake back.

This is awesome - thank you. I completely missed that there was an ERPM reverse limit.

I’ve been approximating this with smart reverse, but I like your method much better. Smart reverse is temperamental and you have to time it right, or it doesn’t always behave as you expect.

5 Likes

I’ll give this a crack.

Wow, full current is wild. I reduced the reverse erpm to -10k and it’s still pretty crazy. Brakes so much more though.

Mine is going back though.:+1:

2 Likes

I did this a while ago on an ESC I’ve since blown up, so my numbers could be way off. I think my board went about 15mph in reverse, so still quite a bit of potential speed, but significantly less than my 40ish top speed.

2 Likes

A massive shout out to the Aussie underground esk8 community for helping me with the D100s brake thing… it’s not an issue more like a DIY tweaking.

If using a PPM remote, switch to Current, ERPM settings are all default.

1 Like

What did you have it at before? Current is the mode where you have full reverse right? Easy burnouts.

1 Like

Full speed reverse.

You should have just as powerful brakes with “Current - no reverse with brake”

He had the same issue as @me_ashman above… brakes let loose at full stop

2 Likes

Do you know why the phase filter is causing this issue? Is it not implemented correctly?

ooh! good stuff can’t wait for that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

tho idek what phase filters do/what they’re for soooo
i’ll duckling along

2 Likes

For what its worth, my old d75 “140a” did the same thing.