EOVAN / Stakboard Aireless Wheels Review

OMGaaadd :open_mouth::roll_eyes:!! I cannot believe these guys were this stupid!

Yeah, me too I’m gonna be sure I’m not making a visual mistake here. But yeah, if is like that, I’ll send you two wheels you send me two of yours :grin::+1:

Nice!!

4 Likes

yup, will get back to u tonight.

I’m sure they have made this mistake multiple times by now, if both of us are having this problem, surely on a global scale, there will be much more. unless we are THAT unlucky

1 Like

Looks like you 2 were meant to be!
Should send them an invoice for shipping after you trade.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to just swap the pulley which doesn’t fit, so both of you would have 4 same wheels and 2 same pullies?

3 Likes

then one side of the wheels will have a different rotation for those core shape, not sure if that will pose any problem long term, but i prefer not to find out.

BTW, is this still the 125mm version?

2 Likes

Um yeah I think mine came with two pairs, so like I could put it on front two or back two

Yes, this are Eovan 125mm.

But something is strange. How both wheel sets are 125mm but yours have way more rubber on the rim than the other ones? This means your core must be smaller. So the pullies are not interchangeable.´

Edit. I just compared the pics again. Probably yours have just some extra holes in the rubber…

Edit 2: Okay, there are 4 different wheels here lol.

V1 125mm 2 hole rows

V2 125mm 1 hole row tick rubber

V3 125mm 1 hole row thin rubber

V4 105/125mm? 2 hole rows Kegel core

And Eovan listed 7 generations of wheels to makes the confusion even worse

4 Likes

Is just a visual thing! The outside of the wheel comes with just one line of holes. They are the thick rubber kind though…

…but the inside of the wheel sports 2 rows of holes…

This may give you the impression you are seen a different set of wheels, but no. Is the same 125mm wheel.

Maybe I’m blind, but I still see 4 different wheels…

3 Likes

No, you are right. I didn’t see what you implyed before. But now I see there is a difference. There are two kinds of Eovan 125mm rubber wheels as you said! Thin and thick version :open_mouth::roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

V1 and V2 may have the same core though. But V3 and obviously V4 have different cores if they are all 125mm OD.

2 Likes

Yeap, you are absolutely right :grinning::+1:. V3 and V4 are different. It seems the hub are different size. Its logical. If you got thinner rubber, the hub must be larger in order to keep the same 125mm diameter as the thicker rubber wheel.

Both hubs are different in size.

1 Like

That’s so weird.

They say this wheel is 105mm 70A. I have the same wheel in 115mm (which is actually 112mm).

They offer this wheels in 125mm 70A with 2 hole rows on the outer side and 1 hole row on the inner side?

And they offer those wheels in 125mm 80A with thin rubber and 1 hole row…

So there are just 3 types instead of 4 types?

That’s so confusing :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Wow! Lots to respond to, how exciting lol

I don’t know, I love these pulleys though, they are overengineered and super heavy, but since when do we care about pulley weight? I like how these pulleys were made, and they are a perfect fit on my wheels.

Really well built, but I agree, they are very sharp, the finishing step wasn’t really taken on the wheels or the pulleys. None of the sharp edges are deburred past little bits sticking out, so the wheel ridges are sharp to the touch. The anodizing is perfect and the CNC work is flawless too, very impressive.

I would argue that this shouldn’t be worried about considering the build quality

I guess people’s mileage has varied (pun intended lol) but mine have worked out so far except for the axle length problem.

Again, why are we so concerned about weight all of a sudden?

Yeah same for me, not a great start to building a company responsiveness record…

Can we talk about this for a second too? Like why did I get a different version than everyone else lmao

Ya exactly, my cores are quite large…

It definitely isn’t, yours have way more rubber. I’ll measure my rubber size for you if you need

Apparently? Yes very confusing

1 Like

that’s two different product

not exactly, there are only 3 different types of rubber wheels sold by them and the black wheels with the kegel core is the only 105mm version.

urs is the “Eovan Super RF 125 Airless Rubber Wheel”, Alberto and I both have the “Eovan Super RS 125 Airless Rubber Wheel” which is a different product. They are all claimed to be 125mm

if u r confused because of the holes, see below
20201122_123122_1

2 Likes

That’s so weird haha you definitely have more rubber! We gotta compare range numbers as soon as I get my new hanger

1 Like

If you go on their website you see all 7 generations listed. I linked them.
Also on their website it says to the Kegel version 105mm/125mm. Like I said I have it in 112mm (Onsra version). Would be interested in the manufacturer behind those wheels.

I would say for a heavy guy the thin rubber version is more appropriate and for lighter riders the thick rubber, since it’s way softer. I’m still curious on mine how much range I loose, since I’m more on the heavier site.

Mindblowing! :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Any damages or wasted Wheels for Eskate Science?

1 Like