EOVAN / Stakboard Aireless Wheels Review

I dig those land snails especially @ 90mm and flat tread. It’d be an interesting ride.

1 Like

Yeah, let’s swap. But I still think is the pulleys that are different to one another. The wheel hubs allface the same direction. So it is the pulley the problem.

If you guys see closely, the sprockets come with this slanted profile, so if you turn them and try to introduce them on the hub angled openings they don’t match. Is only with this pulley.

1 Like

actually no, I’ve looked online for the eovan board and similar brand that sells that same core type of wheels, only 2 wheels should have same core shape…so im also confused at first, but basically left and right side is a mirror image of each other and so as the pulley.

Let me get back home after work and check on those wheels before we jump the gun

@ShutterShock, urs came with 2 left side and 2 right side right?

2 Likes

Yeah the inside of the wheel looks perfect for a push fit adapter, tbh I want a thread just about those wheels.

or use the bearing cover threaded holes to attach a pulley

hmm wait actually I don’t see screws

esk8 hubcaps lol

1 Like

Yeah, looks like they screw on or snap on.
I’m curious the roll resistance vs the crowned rubber wheels. Guessing it would be less, but so would shock absorption.
That outside bearing would stay super clean!
Kinda slick tbh

1 Like

Look at my set, you are seeing the outside wheel face. Hub wheel blades all point to the left. They are the same. Only one pulley fit them all. The other pulley won’t fit neither of them because the sprockets had the opposite slanted profile.

2 Likes

that’s what I meant, u got all 4 wheels as right side version, and mine were the left side version, so both of us have two pulleys (left and right side version) but only 1 fits in those wheels. hope this make sense?

still don’t understand why there needs to be two versions, doesn’t that increase the production cost?

1 Like

Yeah Bro, I got it. But are you sure your hub wheels point in the other direction opposite than mines? So your hub wheel blades should be pointing to the righ, no?

Yeah, is stupid what they did produccing two different sets (wheels and pulley) what a mess they made! Why incurring in such nonsense? There will be lots and lots of mistakes for this reason and lots and lots of complaints from costumers incurring in a lot of shipment fees sending back the wrong pulleys back and forth :roll_eyes:.

looks different direction to me, but I prefer to double check that again once I get home tonight

3 Likes

OMGaaadd :open_mouth::roll_eyes:!! I cannot believe these guys were this stupid!

Yeah, me too I’m gonna be sure I’m not making a visual mistake here. But yeah, if is like that, I’ll send you two wheels you send me two of yours :grin::+1:

Nice!!

4 Likes

yup, will get back to u tonight.

I’m sure they have made this mistake multiple times by now, if both of us are having this problem, surely on a global scale, there will be much more. unless we are THAT unlucky

1 Like

Looks like you 2 were meant to be!
Should send them an invoice for shipping after you trade.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be easier to just swap the pulley which doesn’t fit, so both of you would have 4 same wheels and 2 same pullies?

3 Likes

then one side of the wheels will have a different rotation for those core shape, not sure if that will pose any problem long term, but i prefer not to find out.

BTW, is this still the 125mm version?

2 Likes

Um yeah I think mine came with two pairs, so like I could put it on front two or back two

Yes, this are Eovan 125mm.

But something is strange. How both wheel sets are 125mm but yours have way more rubber on the rim than the other ones? This means your core must be smaller. So the pullies are not interchangeable.´

Edit. I just compared the pics again. Probably yours have just some extra holes in the rubber…

Edit 2: Okay, there are 4 different wheels here lol.

V1 125mm 2 hole rows

V2 125mm 1 hole row tick rubber

V3 125mm 1 hole row thin rubber

V4 105/125mm? 2 hole rows Kegel core

And Eovan listed 7 generations of wheels to makes the confusion even worse

4 Likes

Is just a visual thing! The outside of the wheel comes with just one line of holes. They are the thick rubber kind though…

…but the inside of the wheel sports 2 rows of holes…

This may give you the impression you are seen a different set of wheels, but no. Is the same 125mm wheel.

Maybe I’m blind, but I still see 4 different wheels…

3 Likes