Enclosure Wiring Diagram

Hey Im Looking for a enclosure wiring diagram. Like what is the correct order from Batt main Positive or Negative to wire in the BMS ,Antispark. Power button, Charge port and ESC? Thanks

I see ya

3 Likes

Thanks!
Hey if i am using a Antispark Power switch what is the use of a safty like the one in that diagram? Also ware does the charge port connection fit in in that diagram?

Actually, the diagram is not completely correct. In particular:

• BMS is listed as optional. That would be right for discharge but not for charge. You should definitely use a BMS for overcharge protection. Otherwise you’re playing with fire. Literary.
  • You don’t need both a loop key and an AS-switch. If you already have an AS-switch, you can absolutely leave out the loop key.
  • The use of a fuse is controversial. I come from the fuse camp but there’s a large no-fuse camp as well. Both fuse and no-fuse have their pros and cons. In a nutshell, with a fuse you risk a bad accident should it blow while riding. Without a fuse, you risk your board bursting in flames should something short out on the discharge path. Having experienced this, I personally fear the latter more.

The charge connector goes on the BMS. You will want to read up on BMS.

2 Likes

This issue of blowing a fuse = bad accident can be completely avoided if you place the fuse between the charging port and the BMS ONLY. Protects your battery and BMS from a bad charger or a dumb wiring mistake but won’t do anything while riding. You do loose protection if anything shorts out on the ESC but that is far less likely to happen. You can also still accidentally send too much current to the battery if you use regenerative breaking,

You’re right that protecting the charge path with a fuse is always a good idea.

I was talking about the discharge fuse though, which is a different story.

2 Likes

i guess im just worried about wiring in this charger to the BMS and Batt.Does any body know any pics of other builds, like inside, so i could see how other people do it.
Thanks again im going fuse to BMS.

Check out the The battery builders club