Elofty direct drive "group buy" of 3 people only

Try again! :wink: Also, we added all-terrain and street wheels options :+1:

Do you have any ABEC wheel adapters available for the version 2 58kV eLofty motors?

2 Likes

@murdomeek has contacted me privately, we agreed that if your group buy fall through this week. I can offer you the same rate of $267 shipped including the 90mm wheels when more than 3 people order ($280 per person under 3). We can offer the CNC abec adapter, however they will be made to order ($30 a pair), we will need at least 5 people who wants it to get it made. Thanks :+1:

5 Likes

Iā€™m interested in the ABEC wheel adapters, anyone else?

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely interested in the group buy! I think theyā€™ll pair awesome with a set of ESC I have :wink:

@Esk8supply, if you offer this group buy, can you offer different KVs?

3 Likes

Put me down for adaptorsā€¦

2 Likes

Soā€¦ is there any 72KV group buy goinā€™ on? Iā€™m not sure

My board is 10S and I donā€™t canā€™t invest in a 12s battery

Cheers,
D.

1 Like

As I have told @annihil8ted I can get some 72KV from Elofty, I can arrange it to be in the same shipment. However, we can not guarantee the warranty and quality. We can arrange it in the group buy :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m probably going to go with the lower KV one :sweat_smile: I figure if anything, I can always push more voltage for more top end speed. Especially since itā€™ll help with heat dissipation. Just gotta find a 13s VESC haha

@Esk8supply, do you know the speed range for elofty 58kv ones running on 6" AT with a 12s or 10s setup?

1 Like

The calc is your best friend :wink:, the 10S loaded top speed is 33mph (53km) and 12s 39.6mph (63.8km).
I look forward to the day you run 13s on direct drives haha. 69km/h :smile:

2 Likes

Good point, I shouldnā€™t have been lazy :sweat_smile:

Haha Iā€™ll have to screen shot my DaVega for you one day. My commute is essentially a straight shot on a quiet side road. Itā€™s about a quarter mile stretch and the speed limit for that street is 30 mph so you gotta go with the flow :man_shrugging: :wink: It is a little sketchy with wheels even up to 100mm though so Iā€™m hoping 6" AT will be more comfortable and allow me to go faster! Probably not 69km/h faster though :open_mouth:

1 Like

With the 58KV? Thatā€™s with AT wheels?
Iā€™m planning 97mm wheels

If this speed is with classic wheels I will go for the 58KV

1 Like

Thatā€™s with 6" tires.
10S battery on 58KV motors with 110mm wheels will give you a loaded top speed of 40-43 Km/h or 24-26ish mi/h.

*edit
To be honest, I have the 72KV version on 11S battery with 100mm wheels. My board is capable of doing more than 30mi/h but I rarely exceed 26mi/h. I miss the torque though. Maybe 58KV with 110mm wheels is a good place to be.
@DavidF

3 Likes

Those are speeds with AT wheels.

With 97mm, youā€™ll get 21-23mph according to the calc.

With 12s itā€™s 25-28mph.

With 13s itā€™s 28-31mph.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought, thanks

Sorry, may be a stupid question, but how would a slower drive provide more torque?

Think of it like a car engine. Assume an engine can only output so many rpms. You can either gear it down so final output is a lower speed but you get a lot more torque or gear up so you have a higher final speed but less torque.

The gearing in this case is the windings of the motor which will affect the KV of the motor. Generally speaking, for the same size stator and winding configuration, lower KV usually means more torque

5 Likes

Nice explanation!

1 Like

Damn, the more I learn, the more Iā€™m lost.
So for decent toque and Speed with a 10S I should go for the 85KV + 110mm wheels?
What would be 10S + 72KV + 97mm wheels? Sounds oretty similar, non?

The 110mm wheels from torqueboards are awesome though and they fit the default wheel adapter from the drives.
What kind of 97mm did you thought of?