Elofty direct drive "group buy" of 3 people only

So I got in contact with elofty direct drives source (Unsure if I should reveal publicly like this). And he can sell a set for $225usd. (motors, both DKP trucks,grey 90mm wheels, connector converters)

And the shipping is $125usd to ship 1-3 sets.
That means:
1 set = $350/set
2 sets = 287.50/set
3 sets = 266.67/set
(Plus what ever duties, and re-shipping costs, etc)

Anyone want to hop in this “mini groupbuy” :slight_smile:

And if I am not allowed to run this, can someone who is allowed facilitate this?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you in the states? If we can do a separate GB in the EU I am in … I think for at least two sets. Insane price!

125usd shipping… I expect UPS express for that money :laughing:

That’s an incredible price for 3qty but as a single it’s same as what’s Kenna is offering right? Also, Kenna is pretty good with replacements or refunds when something goes wrong. What’s the factory’s policy on refunds?

@murdomeek, did you happen to ask them the price for group buy for everything without the wheels. In case people want to use pneumatic. I am curious about that.

Good that it worked out. Thst what I meant with “I do not understand why everyone was so stubborn to buy from a middle man”

In case someone bring it to EU I would be interested in the grey wheels, moreover if they made bigger size of them.

1 Like

Actually we tried to get it from the source(we are talking about crownwheel right?) but didn’t work out. Unless you had a different source. Then you should have told us about it :stuck_out_tongue:
Here:

2 Likes

I gave murdomeek just the name of the company and the guy to talk with. I didn’t know you had problem with it. In my case they contacted me and they still do it every week with new offers, mainly escooter though. They never told me was a problem to buy it from them. Sorry for that.

3 Likes

Effort appreciated. Always nice to have options and other venues to choose from. Crownwheel isn’t the only other game in town. There are some interesting offerings from eovanboards but not sure they measure up to Kenna is terms of customer service, either.

2 Likes

I’m in canada/USA
so i dont think EU would make sense :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, the shipping is “8-9 days fast shipping” (either ups, dhl, etc)
Right now, I’m just interested in getting the “complete set” with 2-3 people. and not asking more about split kits.

They also quoted $210usd for 100+ units. (which isnt really worth imo)

1 Like

Yeah, the shipping is “8-9 days fast shipping” (either ups, dhl, etc)
Right now, I’m just interested in getting the “complete set” with 2-3 people. and not asking more about split kits.
For refunds, I can ask, but the same or worse than kenna

They also quoted $210usd for 100+ units. (which isnt really worth imo)

1 Like

I mean we EU guys should make another EU GB :blush:

At least crownwheel does communicate better it seems.

2 Likes

I asked Jerry if these drives run on 72kv - he replied they are 83kv.

If someone is interested in the EU PM me. I am in Switzerland so only 7.7% vat is applied :wink:

3 Likes

Jerry is a man of few words :sweat_smile:

The plugs are MR30 (not the ones in the picture he sent me)

MR30-connector-plug-socket-A85064_b_0

@murdomeek you got a slightly better offer. He wants 235usd each (3) and 135usd shipping.

3 Likes

Can I just plug this into a backfire G2T ESC set up?

Hey there-bumped you to the same status as builder’s forum. About to crash, but yes to Backfire and will give you a more detailed answer in the morning.

Welcome!

1 Like

I canceled. Communication is so bad with these chinese I decided to go with another set of Torqueboards DDs. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@jxslepton

Sorry, forgot to follow up. I have run the eLofty DD with four different ESCs:

Meepo 1.0: Not bad. Good 2nd gear grunt, good brakes.

Diyeboard belt version: four speeds so better spread of power, brakes only OK.

Meepo Classic HW (closest to yours): super smooth acceleration and braking, but sleepy. It gets there with impressive control, but a bit boring TBH. Dead quiet. Would be happy with if I hadn’t tried the Meepo 3.0.

Meepo 3.0 30amp: Really nice grunt and pull, strong brakes, gets up to speed quickly, nice whining sound under power. So good that I consider it a completed build.

Sorry for the delay…

3 Likes

Bump,
@pundahh is interested!
We just need one more to go! =D

1 Like

I’m trying to talk myself out of this…

1 Like

Where are you located? :slight_smile: