eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Good luck with that engineering degree…

2 Likes

I thought about doing threads on my own motors but dropped that idea again. Too much hassle and potential problems.

I have a feeling he’ll fit right in with the rest of the engineers.

images.jpeg

1 Like

:eyes: at least i’m not a civil engineer…

I used blue loctite on my cans after loosing them and they have been fine since then, honestly it’s even a problem as I have no idea how to take them apart in case of failure :sweat_smile:

Those magnets are fine. Might add a few Ed edd n Eddy’s depending on if you ask Hummie or Shart.

Just JB weld that shit together

1 Like

BTW you clever guys have any idea how to remove the cans when glued?

They are thin and with no grip at all
I used a vice plier when I fixed them but this is not good for the paint

Bruh I literally just put locktite on the can screw the can on almost all the way with 0.05mm gap left and it just stuck there. Now I have to wait til the can popped off again… I put some car wrap I found on aliexpress around the can so it doesn’t get scratched up.
And @Bindings_McGee what the hell is ed edd n eddy? Lol

Remove motor from axle… take off all screws… pull stator from motor can…

1 Like

Dunno why I thought you had to unscrew the rear can to get the motor out of the axle

You know like, when you let the magic smoke out of your circuits… Under no circumstances do you want your Ed’s or your Eddy’s to leave your motors…

1 Like

Every time I start to consider buying these DD’s, all I have to do is come back to this thread and the urge leaves me. Is there anyone selling a version of these drives that does not suck? I want cheap DDs, and I actually like DKP for a low-spec commuter board, but I can not justify paying $300+ to spin the roulette wheel on these drives.

3 Likes

guess we have to wait a couple years for DD to actually be reliable. I rather get torqueboards DD now. Lesson learned.

Wait for jeff neo to release his rkp DD’s!

1 Like

Those are great drives when they are working though! ! I’m in love with my board :slight_smile:

BTW did you also glue your adapters’ screws? If not, do it now (and wait for 24h before you ride)
BTW 2: my left motor can also got loose after a while…

Not gonna lie. I’ve been using dc motor and when I test run the elofty it was so quiet. Wish the can didn’t pop off but I got it for cheap so :man_shrugging:.
O and yes I glue everything lol. Would it be a bad idea if I Red locktite it? Red locktite would permanently bind the can together. So no more problem. :thinking:

Blue is fine, keep in mind you may have some maintenance to do on those :wink:

1 Like

Brewing something in here! Kudos to @darkkevind :sunglasses:

6 Likes

4wd?
10char

Loving that adapter… and your can came with set screws :sunglasses:

1 Like