eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I’m sorry but I can’t find a picture of a complete drive/hanger/motor set-up anywhere on this page
and please don’t come at me like that, yes I’m weary, and yes I fact-checked, and no I’m not spouting, and yes I’ve asked on your thread and asked @Esk8supply directly, and as mentioned above I’m not convinced until I know exactly what I’m purchasing, I’m not forking over money on a mystery box.

I’m super uncomfortable forking over hundreds of bux on a 10 pixel x 10 pixel pik of an incomplete drive

Did you happen to read @visnu777’s experience?

Good luck

Yeah, we both said its a complete drive.
In the first image. You can see the hangers (big)
and the baseplates and dual king pins (small) in the corner of that image.

Fair enough that the image is small, I can ask @Esk8supply to take bigger pics and post them on that thread.

With elofty, you are dealing directly with someone from china. Nathan is based in the UK, and I’m based in Canada. We speak english natively and are very active on the forums.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience with Elofty/Kenna, but that is not us.

2 Likes

Here’s actually based in the UK.

5 Likes

I just started a partial refund dispute on Paypal, lets see what happens :wink: I still got no baseplates though :frowning:
@mishrasubhransu Thanks for the picture, I just ordered two Indy baseplates. At first I didn’t find any without hanger but thanks to you I got lucky :wink:
I also ordered those at wheels from esk8supply, was still one of the lucky people :wink: Now I can at least try those drives :slight_smile:

5 Likes

UK yes, my mistake

2 Likes

…cough…cough…

:wink:

I made them for my SR TKP

11 Likes

So… these 6inch airless should work as they have kegel cores ? Or is there 2 different kind of kegel cores out there in the Eskating jungle ?

2 Likes

yeah, there’s only 1 kegle core.
The TB 110’s should fit on any kegle adapter

The reason esk8supply’s adapters won’t work with TB DD’s is because the mounting holes are different.
This part:

1 Like

You were always talking about if the 6inch airless tires fit the TBDD right? Not if the non-TB kegel adapter fit the TBDD because that seems apparent that it wouldn’t.

These aireless tires should work and that’s awesome!

@kook
Sorry about you previous experience with elofty, we are dealing with a different supplier here (except for the 72kv ones

2 Likes

@ThomasL at this time, I wouldn’t recommend riding 6" on direct drives.Until I’m able to fully test it and know that there won’t be any issues.

2 Likes

It’ll be fuckin weak that’s for sure. At least on 2wd

Damon had the first edition TB direct drives on the janux hubs with bergs. That thing was the shit. It was quick and even though it was 12S3P it had some balls to it.

2 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

Yeah, and if memory serves, this was after Lunasi put the same drives through the ringer in CO.

I believe the torque will be ridiculous with my 90Kv, but I do it for science :smiley:
Anyhow, I will be able to go to work with it, Prague is the capital city of cobblestones and pebble stones… guess it will improve the comfort ride but giving up on the range/torque compared to my 110’s.

I am actually looking for carrying the 110’s in the backpack in the event of long ass ride, mixed with bad terrain and heavenly tarmac. This is the beauty of DD, no other component to carry in the bag to enjoy both situation.

3 Likes

@kook
What would you give to go back in time and do the right thing and buy the @torqueboards Drives?
I’m kicking myself for the assumption that buying these was a good idea and a money saver.
I’m even now still going back and forth with Kenna. What a fuckin carry on!
It’s been months, fail city.
All in, I got about 4 hours of ride time on these unfinished and unproven test drives.
The “@kenna/eLofty shuffle” is about as accurate a description of the experience as it gets.
Sorry @torqueboards, I should have backed the team that gave a shit and designed a good product.
When I have the money, I’m getting me a set.
Live and learn…always the hard way!

4 Likes

The drives themselves look good, bearings fit, nuts fit, have not wheels yet to try out if the adapter fits but I assume that until I find out otherwise. My 4wd build would have been way too expensive with TB DD :wink: My complaint is only with the customer service and the unfulfilled order.

1 Like