Esk8supply direct drive Group Buy of 3-6 people USA (elofty direct drives)

have @Esk8supply put up a decent size quality pik or better pix, of exactly what I’m purchasing in option 1, I’d like a close look at the motor, and the can and actually see all the drive/hanger/baseplate etc. pieces in one, or better yet a couple of pix.

Sorry, I’m a bit gunshy but I’ve be battling the eLofty/language/direct drive/confusion game a bit longer than you have and I just want to be sure exactly what I’m purchasing, including motor can and exactly which iteration of these drives I’m throwing my money at.

4 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll update the first post with high res images when I get some.

Yeah no worries, that’s understandable!

3 Likes

It should be a lot better since its dual motors.
@BillGordon would probably know best

1 Like

There’s no gearing here so hard to compare. Generally a direct drive needs to be like three times as big to get the same continuous power output.

1 Like

There’s good power there for sure, but might suggest you add a 2nd 6374 since you’ll still have pulley options to find your ideal power setup.

1 Like

@kook

Image of the direct drive with the base plate and the hanger, the front truck is also provided
I’m actually in China right now visiting the supplier.
Uploading: IMG_20191104_151124.jpg… Uploading: IMG_20191104_152556.jpg…
We have some new updates for the direct drive ready to go, thought I could have an extra day to process the info :joy:

For the 58kv, can’t speak for 72kv elofty:
We have made some changes that will change the reliability/ durability of the drive.

1. We are now using the highest grade die steel for the axle, this was in response to some users getting bent axles in the past with a different supplier (not related to esk8supply)
  2. For the kegel adapter, we changed the pins from aluminium to heat treated steel pins, designed to be stronger
    3.the design of the drives have been reworked, there are no longer screws along side the motor can (prone to vibration and falling screws)
  3. The rubber wheels has been remolded for better precision, also they are treated with a anodized black finish now

Lastly unfortunately I have to break the news to you of a price change, due to the improvements made for the 58kv (72kv remains the same I think), the prices I received from the supplier increased accordingly, the drives are now $25 more expensive for the 58kv, whilst the elofty 72kv is still the same price.
I’ll get some more photo taken and updated today, completely forgot about taking a photo of the whole set :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Does the $25 increase apply to both 3 units and 6 units?

Also this is awesome! Thanks for listening to the community and making much needed improvements!

2 Likes

God I love you @Esk8supply

5 Likes

Thanks Nathan!

thanks for the pix, while you are there, could you address a couple of issues, with the manufacturer that I have found?

since you brought up the fact that the screws were eliminated on the motor can, could you please tell them that whatever they’re using to hold the end can to the can is NOT working.

the endcap on my motor unscrewed within 1 km and caused me the walk of shame back home. Please ask them how I should fix this issue, or should I send it back to them.

also have them look at their axle design, the nylock on the locknut that holds the entire drive onto the axle does not engage to the threads and the nylock is ineffective. this is an enlargement of your actual picture, mine is the same…

also, please ask them the appropriate torque spec on the nylock nut that fixes the drive to the hanger.

and while you are at it, slide a skate bearing over the 8mm section where the wheel bearing seats, see if it fits and if it seats fully on the axle or is the bearing seat the full width of the wheel bearing or only about half of the bearing width.

Thanks for your concern, your time, and your pictures, I’m not about griping, I’m all about making these drives as cool as they should be, and I’m looking forward to pictures of what option 1 a complete direct drive encompasses.

While you’re at it you may as well ask them about spare parts since you’re attempting to be the supplier of these drives, can we get spare parts from you/them? spare axles? spare hangers? spare baseplates, spare individual motors, etc.

again thanks, Nathan and good luck!

EDIT:
also (sorry about all my requests, I really wish I spoke Mandarin, but you mentioned in a reply to me that the ABEC wheel adapter fit their “Clownwheel” “Foamy” this leads me to believe that the adapter will fit some ABEC clone wheels and not be perfected for Original ABEC wheel cores, could you verify, and maybe a pik or two of the adapters, and smuggle a pair for me back in your luggage… I’ll pay… grins…

EDIT 2:
Ohhhh that looks like an entirely new axle, the finish, the wheel bearing seats, and the indention on the end of the axle all look much better than what I have currently purchased, and replaced TWICE… looking good!

thanks, brother

4 Likes

THIS is one of the big reasons these guys are doing so well here. Effort, application of user feedback, and great communication.

5 Likes

It is for both, I’m pretty sure you guys could get 6 people anyways :wink:

1 Like

More powerful than a single 6374, less powerful by a bit than dual 6374 for me and softer brakes. But as mentioned, it can’t be a direct comparison without accounting for the changes you can make through pulley combos. Since you already have one motor, that’s probably the direction I would go.

IMHO, the only real advantage the eLofty DD has over 63XX dual belts is the “plug and play” nature of it. As much as I love mine, if I could have only one board, I would keep my dual belts because I have spare parts for every single component and can fix it myself.

1 Like

As @BillGordon said, in terms of raw torque , 6374 belt would be better. The direct drives at 12s will be good enough for most hills with ease.

The direct drives are basically powerful hubs with the options to swap out wheels

1 Like

Damn, that is a paragraph.

Who did you buy the drive from? Have they been helping you with the process? Dm me if you would like some help, I am not promising anything though haha. We can provide what ever parts you need for replacement.

About the ABEC adapter, I am starting to think that there might be 2 different cores of ‘‘foamies’’ floating around, has anyone got the nonbranded cloud wheels to shread some light onto our confusion?

Edit: I have got my hands on a set of the adapters and they fit with iwonder cloud wheels, not with abec clone. 99.99% certain it is Abec

Yep, all new and shiny, I wish you are here, I am stroking the axle as I speak :wink:

4 Likes

!

6 Likes

So this is only US, if they are being drop shipped couldn’t we open this up to other countries?

1 Like

If you are up hosting an Australian group buy, let me know :wink: @Movation

2 Likes

@Esk8supply @murdomeek

Can we finalize this group buy with the 4 people that we have now? I’m OK with paying at the 3 people group buy price. I was part of the original group buy that failed and I think I’ve waited long enough. It’s not worth it for me to keep waiting like this especially when there will be Black Friday deals soon. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many is buying, @kook said he will get a set now

1 Like

Whats the final price for 1 set of 72kv? I might be interested in a set.

1 Like