eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

There weren’t any kingpins in the box :smiley:

2 Likes

then it means that if you buy it you become a king :blush:

If they do not want to send you the wheels then ask the wheels cost back and getting something from here.

3 Likes

I would advise getting up early and trying to sort this out with them, I never have any luck dealing with overseas support when it’s the end of their day :unamused:

1 Like

do not tell me. My phone gets filled up at 2am ahahhahaha

2 Likes

This is very interesting. In some models they use screws to old the cans to the side face. In your case it’s threads. Can you show us a pic of the entire motor and hangar set?

3 Likes

I don’t know for sure as I don’t have the Surfrodz base plate, buit looking at pix online I’d say a qualified “maybe” perhaps @BillGordon says it best…

I know @mishrasubhransu used some TKP baseplates that are “almost” perfect.

1 Like

Thanks for checking :slight_smile:
Maybe if someone has both elofty and SR TKP could give it a try. A friend asked it after he saw the new adapter for the Hammock :grimacing:

2 Likes

@torqueboards, Dex those are some sweet adapters what is the bolt circle dia and bolt hole size on these sexi adapters?

Adapter!?!! :smiley: I was planning on selling one of my hammocks but I like the sound of that :slight_smile:

sucks! I’ve had the @kenna/eLofty shuffle before… it’d frustrating! totally frustrating I know brother, I’m a total of 3 motors and 2 axles into my build, if I add up all I’ve paid, the extra shipping, the frustration, and the time, it would end up cheaper to have bought @torqueboards Direct-drives.

and before you jump on the @Esk8supply bandwagon, communication with them is only slightly better! I know the price sounds attractive but I can’t verify 100% what you get for your bux… I was considering another set of drives and go 4wd, but I’m a little gunshy at this point.

2 Likes

Nathans communication with me in regards to the groupbuy has been really good. And in the group buy thread, you can see exactly what you are getting in the first post list (with pictures!)

3 Likes

:rofl: if the adapter doesn’t work out I’d be interested in picking up and extra hammock

If you don’t get an answer and need to know, perhaps send me your 3d model of the baseplate and I could print it out and check for you!

1 Like

Lets see how it turns out. The drives look nice so far, but can’t really test them without wheels and baseplate :frowning:

1 Like

OK cool, then I’m definitely OUT… you can clearly see in the pix on your thread there is not a complete truck, kindpin, bushing, hanger, drive set-up… check your pix… there’s shit missing, and his clipped, short answers to me have me unconvinced… and then he still has to deal with @Kenna/Crownwheel himself…

maybe I’ll try just the adapters at this point to see how that works out…

When do you think you guys will pull the trigger and purchase your stuff.

@murdomeek I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, thanks for putting the group buy together and I really hope you guys are successful and happy… I’m just going to ride my board and be happy for a while and work on other projects… I’ve got PTSD from months of dealing with this!!!

1 Like

Great looking board brother! Looks sweet!

1 Like

I can also speak to @Esk8supply’s communication and reliability. I’m based in the US and was able to get things like motor controller shipped to me in a timely manner and have my questions answered swiftly.

2 Likes

Are you for real?

We’re offering a complete drive without wheels…

• both DD motors
  • both kegle adapters
  • back DD hanger
  • front regular hanger
  • front and back dual king pin sets (with all bushings and kingpins, and the middle piece)
  • both baseplates.
  • All the axle nuts
  • All the kingpin nuts

And if you buy wheels with the drives, the bearings and wheel spacers come included as well

Check the pics again.

I don’t mind you being weary of groupbuys from china, but please fact check before spouting off statements like this that may drive away users…

2 Likes

Definitely NO screws holding the can together, only a screwed cap into the can. Imagine my surprise after a month of back and forth with @kenna to get a replacement motor for my original motor that had a bearing failure within a month of purchase, only to mount the motor and have a weird noise coming out of the replacement drive within a Kilometer of riding, turn around, inspect the drive and see the can coming apart!!

Faaak

anyway here is the complete drive system for what it’s worth, I tried lock tighting the can, it came appart again within a few Kms, @kenna and winfly and I got in a group text to try and sort it out, my conclusion is I’m going to high-temp epoxy, with maybe some set screws, the can together and make it permanent, but first I need to make a tool to tighten the endcap on the can.

Faak

Right now I’m riding on the original motor that I replaced the bearings on and it seems functional, but now I’m getting the annoying motor/hanger “clicking” that @winfly and @Jojo have also experienced.

So much for cheap direct-drives…

This is unfortunate. All of us who got the original drives are happy and don’t hear much complaints, but every iteration after that has been riddled with issues. I have these ones:

It would be nice if we could track down the manufacturers for these drives and do a group buy. I have 700km on mine already.

5 Likes