eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

yes battery is good.
before the motor swap, the original Meepo’s hub motor can easily take me to 20mph.
i got the v2 remote and that seems to be compatible with controlling Meepo’s hub

No. Topped out at 22.5 blazing MPH. :rofl: But I don’t really have anywhere to get too crazy.

4 Likes

So i have ridden my drives for about 10 km i think, no signs of cans opening yet and the grub screws are still in. I even rode it on moist roads as seen on the picture.

These drives pack some torque and speed at 12s i have to say!

Also 90 mm is a bit too small, imma get some 110s on there before everything on the can scrapes off hahaha

It is also noted these kms were for a large part on cobblestone since the netherlands is curses with those roads, so i did have a lot of virbrations.

8 Likes

what ESC do you have? would 10s pack work for me if i dont want speed?
(the max speed i can handle is 16mph)

1 Like

But they’re SOOOOOOO much fun on 90s!!!

3 Likes

as much as i’m scared about quality issues, these drives are pretty fkn nice.

by far the punchiest DDs i’ve tried so far.

i didn’t get replacement motors from kenna, with the can screws to prevent it from coming loose. so instead drilled tiny divots where it unscrews with a drill, and filled it with jb weld. this stuff holds engine blocks together so hoping it’ll keep the cans from coming loose.

used a rocket deck skinned in line-x and lid skinned by @Sender. it’s almost murdered out, kind of like the look of it, except i’m afraid how hot it’s gonna get during summer.

19 Likes

Yes, too much

2 Likes

I use two flipsky 4.12s, but your esc will work, and 10s will be enough.

2 Likes

12s would get you up higher speed. Depends on the wheels as well, with AT wheels 10s will be sufficient.

thanks. i will charge the battery tonight and try again with this Meepo v1 esc.

If you don’t want speed, you can go with 10S.

Tbh, you could also go 12S, just electronically limit in VESC. This might be the better route as you’ll get better mileage thanks to higher voltage/lower current

1 Like

I think he already has the battery so thats why he was asking

1 Like

yes! i will try to use as much of the Meepo’s components as possible before buying new stuff. harder to justify buying my toys instead of diapers for the newborn…

5 Likes

Makes trips for the newborn easier? :sweat_smile:

But yeah there’s nothing wrong with going 10S

1 Like

This was from way back in October, but was there any word on if the wheels from the airless tires could be converted to pneumatics?

:cold_sweat:
Hey could anybody tell me the precautions I need to take before I take this for a ride? I’ve read 2/3 of the thread but right now I’m in school and tight on time.
I’ve locktite the adapter but I feel like I’m missing something.

Also can you guys let me know if this config is ideal?

Last question :sweat_smile:
I have a flipsky vesc and I wonder if you could just plug in the eloft dd sensor or do I need to swap some wires.

Thank you in advance

… so do you have an enclosure? :thinking:

2 Likes

As of right now I don’t. But I bought a kydex sheet on amazon and planning to mold it with a heat gun.

I would not ride without a proper enclosure

Yeah sir. I’m not risking hours spent on the battery to be riding without enclosure. I’m making sure this time around I have secure every nuts and bolts and electronic components.