Economical 8" Tyres Discussion

I think it would be a great addition to @ducktaperules pneumatic wheel thread. I am ordering a set on black Friday and will report back asap.

I’ve noticed the 10" start to get pretty wide but manageable. I almost want to order one of the 11" for comedic purposes.

4 Likes

Is there a good 8" AT version of the “cheap ass aliexpress 6x2” with the hubs included? Most of the discussion on this thread was mainly about the actual tire and if they’d fit standard 4" hubs.

I’m planning to use these on MBS matrix pro 2 truck on the front. And a 3sk8 hub motor at the back. Since I’m not going to be mounting any pulleys, the hub can be any random hub that comes with the tire. I’m trying to save a bit compared to “legit” trampa, MBS, etc wheels

The ones on aliexpress that I’ve found, I’m not sure of the hub is too thick in the center and I’d run out of axle length. Or any with 12mm bearings.

Some that I’ve found:
$18 per wheel/hub/tube combo: here

$22 per wheel/hub/tube combo: here

$32 per combo: here

Thanks!

2 Likes

Just check and make sure the hub works with 12mm axles or takes a bearing that does.

2 Likes

FWIW I picked up the Kenda 909s pretty cheap here:
https://www.partsforscooters.com/154-91_Kenda-Brand-200x50-Tire

USD$50, 4 @ $40 + $10 shipping.

I haven’t tried a ton of tires. but commuting 30 miles a day on these they’ve been very nice.

2 Likes

The first link could work but it’s 40mm width only compared to standard of 50mm and doesn’t look reliable to me. The hub of the second and third link is 100% too wide (bearing to bearing distance) for Matrix II trucks, only possible with standard spring trucks and shorter axle spacer.

Why not buying MBS Rockstar II hubs and order cheap tubes and tires from china? IMO the better solution.

2 Likes

yeah you’re right. The plastic ones from MBS don’t even cost that much. I’m just stupid XD

2 Likes

Dont forget they have a 15% off code for us always.

Esk8build15

6 Likes

Good cheap fun. They only last me like 2-3 months max before they’re effectively slicks but at the price I can’t complain.

And having them available on Amazon Prime is pretty nice. I have 8 of these just sitting in inventory, great go-to street tire.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Watch it dude… watch it… :wink:

3 Likes

well time to test some of the chinese shit. just placed several orders tonight just for wheels costing in the hundreds QQ well lets see how long each of these last. the MBS ones i currently have which are the same ones i ordered earlier tonight lasted just a couple months with a few hundred km’s on them blew 1 tube and 2 rear treads are worn with the 2 in front on their way out as well.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve had bad life span with MBS tires as well. The aliexpress ones feel like a harder compound but I can’t tell a difference in the feel after one ride as they’re broken in.

hopefully i dont notice it either. I only order MBS because they are in same country so its a coupeol days to ship. but they are too dam expensive. if i cna get tyers this cheap ill just buy them in bulk in advanced and have them sitting in a box. the tubes are likr $6 ea and AT Wheels are $14 ea compared to mbs Tubes $12 and Treads $25 thats a huge saving over the life span of your board.

Especially when the harder ones last me over twice as long. The wait is a killer though.

1 Like

well i ordered some MBS ones and some of these chineese ones. if they are good ill probably order 20 or so of each tread and tube to last me a while since shipping time is usually about 2 weeks from china for me. but with this virus going around their could be months away. you tried these tubes before?

I haad 6" Urban treads from trampa i couldnt use on my build so hopefully i cna test these 8" ones as i ride mostly on ashphelt so my MBS treads dont last that long due to the hard surface i ride on. so maybe i might convert to these street wheels for a while =p

1 Like

Yeah those look like the exact tires/tubes I’ve purchased before and liked.

If you’re looking for a good street tire, try this one on amazon (hopefully it works in your country)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0021XPF9U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come out to almost the same price as aliexpress and arrive much sooner. These are my go to for street riding.

2 Likes

Those are almost identical to the ones on my kaly, I ordered a few for spares.

1 Like

Yeh I tried that link also. Amazon is like finding a needle in a haystack I have only ever been able to successfuly order 2 products from their. Everything else just doesn’t ship here same as the wheels. This is why Australia buys so much from China lol. So much cheaper and shipping can sometimes be within a week.I have gotten things within 3 days sometimes.just the luck of the daw most times 2-3 weeks. But if I try these wheels nice and early and like them ill just bulk order more haha

1 Like

https://www.scooterstation.com.au/products.php?c=30&p=1331

1 Like

Maybe you guys try 9" or even 10" road tires. The larger the tire diameter the longer it will last. The reason is, that the wheel will do less rotations for the same speed. Worst tires I’ve ever had regarding durability are 6" wheels.

2 Likes