Economical 8" Tyres Discussion

I might get them

No idea what inner tubes are good

1 Like

I always just got the tires from Trampa and added the option for adding their tubes as well.

2 Likes

The tire tread is no indication for origin. China outfits copy tires over and over. Even the silly smurf profile you find on pram tires is copied over and over:

Kenda might have been the originator but you can buy tires with this profile from probably 15 different tire manufacturers. Only god knows why the smurf is so popular amongst copy cats.
The tire you refer to is also made my many different outfits in various qualities.
It looks same = is same is a wrong assumption.

1 Like

Probably because these kind of Kendas are popular and thus a larger target for clones?

They seem like solid tires to me, but Iā€™m only 600 miles into mine. Theyā€™re holding up pretty well so far.

3 Likes

Sure they think there is a market for the profile, so lets copy it. But the profile is no good design for our boards. It was originally designed for pram tires.

1 Like

IMHO, it doesnā€™t matter. People want wheels that look nice and last longer. Comfort is by default because a. Pneumatic b. 8" tires.

2 Likes

I dont care if tyres look nice lol.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like mine to leave esk8 news logo marks when I ride.

4 Likes

Ok Iā€™m still not buying your tires. Empirical data wins.

Your bullshit = me buying is wrong assumption.

6 Likes

You donā€™t need to buy our stuff. I just want to inform users that identical look doesnā€™t mean identical manufacturer or identical quality. The tire industry is a copy paste industry. The materials inside a tire, casing material, rubber compound, TPI rating, ply rating will vary between the tires, even if they look identical. And even if you buy a tire which indeed was made on the same mould by the same tire company, you canā€™t be sure that the rubber and casing material or TPI rating is the same. On bigger quantity orders the client can define a different standard.

5 Likes

I see you solely focused on my 1 comment on identical look and not the 3 comments on different physical feel.

4 Likes

I was wondering about something with the Primo Alpha wheels, do we feel the road a bit more with them compared to smoother tires because they have studs on them? I have the 8 inch Primo Alpha tires, and I have tried a board with 5.9 Inch haggy bergmeister tires, and the haggy tires feel so much smoother on regular roads.
Or in your case, comparing the Primo Alpha vs the Innova Tires.

2 Likes

Introducing the all new 9" MudPlugger:

4 Likes

Damn those arešŸ”„very tempting.

Did you have a seizure? :rofl:

6 Likes

Who has the down low on economical 9" tires? The 225 x 65ā€™s that ride on bigger hubs.

1 Like

Needs more info. What bigger rim? What actual size? Weā€™d all do ourselves a favor if we could get into some standards.

2 Likes

donā€™t shoot the messenger - i come bearing no consistent way of measuring anything

yet i still need help, lest i give up on bigger wheels and settle on 200x50 tires on smaller hubs

iā€™m looking for tires that you would mount on primo 3 spoke, Megastar Deep-dish, Fivestar, or 3DS 4.65" wheels. my heart is actually set on the latter - only this week have they become available anodized and with bearings pressed in.

at my current state of understanding, all these wheels will accomodate 9" inner tubes from innova, primo, and MBS. they will all accomodate 9" outer tires from innova, primo, and mbs. however, mbs says its 9" inner tube fits 250x50 tires, lists the size of the 9" outer tire as 2.5-4, and lists the ā€œhub openingsā€ of both the inner tube and outer tire as 3.8". trampa lists the diameter of the primo 3 spoke hub as 100mm, and describes their both the primo & innova 9" tires as 225x65. 3DS says their 4.65" hub fits 100mm ID tires. apart from that, there are no published dimensions I can find. yet I assume these all have comparable dimensions such that hubs, inner tubes, and outer tubes are interchangeable. (you know what they say about folks who latch onto assumptions)

mbs wants $140 for a set of 9" T2ā€™s and inner tubes, although they are running a 25% discount in the US right now.
trampa wants ~$120 for a set of 9" primos with inner tubes, same price for 9" innovas and tubes. they are taking ~$140 pre-orders for the upcoming mudpluggers.
while these arenā€™t unreasonable prices (4 ply), they are more than double what folks on smaller hubs are paying for very satisfactory tubes & tires.

okay I just looked at photographs, all three tires I cited say ā€œ2.80 / 2.50 - 4ā€. Iā€™ll be on the lookout for other tires with the same markings. i appreciate all the help

1 Like

I think you figured it out, but any of the esk8 hubs that ā€œfit 9ā€ tires" are talking about any tire that fits a 4" hub. So your 2.80/2.50-4 or 225x65 is your 9" tire, 4" hub. 3.00-4, 3.50-4, and 3.50/4.10-4 are your 10"+ variants, still 4" hub.

edit: this is all in a perfect world, ofc. There are also crazy sizes like 90/90-4 or 4.10-4. Endless possibilities for things to not quite line up perfect.

1 Like

Ehh donā€™t I have to worry about 4.1-4 tires being too wide to fit on the same hubs that work with 2.5-4 tires?