Ecomobl Geardrive Motors

i’ve just come across this interesting (interesting to me anyway) motor. seems like a combination of geardrive and hub. https://www.ecomobl.com/collections/m24-parts-accessories/products/motor-for-m20?variant=31914347462734

Anyone know anything about them? lets say someone was to try them out for the community i guess they’d have to get a hanger that had been milled back to accomodate them, unless there’s a an existing hanger that has this feature…?

3 Likes

here’s a pic

2 Likes

I think there were a couple company’s trying to conquer the market with Planetary gear drives but i don’t know any that succeeded.

3 Likes

ahh right, i looked up this brand but couldnt see much here about geardrive system didn’t know it was called ‘planetary’. will look it up

hmm, where did I just see this?

1 Like

pretty much all the chinese brand use this / similar looking remote

meepo for example:

this is the latest remote for lingyi esc i think

1 Like

Why is this in the sale section?
@BillGordon

5 Likes

Dear lord someone buy this man a deadblow

gif
I mean… that’s a little better but cmon.

have to buy all the other parts to use those motors I think, as it is just the motor not including the gearbox or bearings for gearbox.

Ask yourself if you want to be doing all this^ shit

2 Likes

Geo Engineering reasons. Moved.

5 Likes

OOOF that music…

3 Likes

Planetary Gear drives
DIYeBoard, circa 2015 volan makes a planetary drive for his mountainboard image but its never sold

Start board single planetary drive launches on kickstarter, units actually end up in customer’s hands before the first hub motors but they scam half the buyers

Someone built a DIY one

There was a new zealand student who made an indiegogo with some new planetary design on a self balancing board but I can’t find it

7 Likes

Was it the one Jay Boston touted?

1 Like

Just based on location, yea its possible he did a video on it. Its an extremely obscure thing to remember because they weren’t funded. If anyone can find it i’d be pretty amazed. Maybe they were Aussie? idk.

2 Likes

Alright for my own sanity I found it, you’re right

8 Likes

god damnit, i spent the last 13 minutes searching the video. THe second i pressed reply you posted it.

Here it is anways so i don’t feel useless.

13 Likes

@xsynatic I’m playing your link so you can feel better !

8 Likes

FYI this particular model has been around for a while before ecomobl. Test rode the original early last year, it was called the Falcon. The board is terrible with a LingYi esc but the motors are very torquey and cool

8 Likes

I so wanna build a planetary gear-drive for direct drive … But there is only so much time in a year of wishes.

5 Likes

I played around with designing one a week ago and it wasn’t too bad. Solidworks power transmission toolbox made it pretty darn easy to model up. I just have no faith in getting it actually made by a company :sweat_smile:

2 Likes