Ecomobl Geardrive Motors

i got an email back from them, you don’t have to buy all those parts as the motors come pre-assembled. those parts are spares. you’d still need a bespoke axel though and to use their wheels.

1 Like

It isn’t really clear, so this can use like MBS wheels?

The square part looks simple enough…

That is so interesting, Fusion has no such option or feature, if you wouldn’t mind looking into a 2:1 and a 4:1 planetary gear system based on a 12mm drive axle, as the center pinion axle, and the outer diameter of a standard 63xx series motor as the ring gear, and create me a STEP file, I’ll do the rest…

3 Likes

I get home Sunday and will get on it as soon as I remember.

2 Likes

these are all I’ve ever wanted in my life, but I wish they would tell us how loud those motors are. straight cut gears after all

4 Likes

@iNoLikeFlexyDecks and @sofu have ridden them…perhaps they can confirm their aural qualities

1 Like

They are quite loud yeah

2 Likes

I have ridden a lot of miles on this kind of drive, by ecomobl.
The m24x i own from ecomobl has a 4WD setup with these planetary gear drives.
The torque is insane, i leave my friends with trampas in the dust. Never had any problems with them.
@linsus They are very noisy though, really kills the vibe in a way. I can make a recording for u if u want.
It also depends on the condition of the gears, they need to be oiled every 6 months. I didn’t have to replace the gears yet though.
@Fosterqc I think you can use mbs wheels, as they dont need a special fitting, but not sure.
Ecomobl makes great, great boards but the lingyi esc is just complete shit. They are considering changing to hobbywing though.

4 Likes

Thats alright, noise is a no go for me, I’m dont with straight cut gears for a life time.

People will literally hide their children when they hear and see me coming on this.
It’s definitely not as peaceful as hubs/belts.
Belts are also noisy but nearly not as aggressive sounding like this one.

6 Likes

@Geo_Engineering_FTW
I recently became an ambassador for ecomobl. (because me and my friends bought their newest board)
If you want some of these motors i might be able to work out a deal.
Never buy their boards if you dont plan on putting in a vesc though.
Fast shipping is also possible now through spain warehouse.

PS. I don’t get payed by ecomobl, i just like their drivetrains and have trust in their QC (except for the esc!)

2 Likes

Be careful that most CAD softwares generate gears that are only for visual representation, they don’t have the actual shape required for gear teeth, and depending on to who you sent it to be made they will just use the CAD file to make

https://khkgears.net/ is a pretty good resource for the basic theory and also you can get actual gear profiles

Just don’t bother getting a quote for their gears, last time I check it Was $1000+ for 4 straight gears gear for a gear drive

5 Likes

Interesting… SW gave me the full ability to define the drawing as if I were shipping to a factory. They include all metric and imperial tooth modules and are the most widely used cad software in the professional world. I will heed your warning but would also be shocked if their own toolboxes contained inaccurate generations. I get that hobbing tools can be adjusted to make more custom teeth when the need is there but it seems standardized pressure angles. Ill compare their models with others and see.

5 Likes

thanks, though hearing about the noise puts me off. that said i can imagine that the aggressive sound may appeal to some

1 Like

Yeah exactly that, If you specify all the parameters and make sure they hob or form the tooth, all good, but I had places take the CAD file and mill it instead of using the proper tools to generate

1 Like

Please make a recording. For off-roading where sound doesnt matter these could be interesting.

I only use it for hitting the woods, using this in the city is like an act of terror.
Maybe in 2wd setup it won’t be as bad but I doubt it.

1 Like

This only makes me want them more. Whats the drive ratio?

3 Likes

I am sorry I can’t tell you that, I’m mostly a hub/DD guy. Gears make my head spin haha

1 Like

Im curious if there are any other wheels besides their own, looks like the mounting method require special tools?

1 Like