eBoosted enclosures updates

I’m assuming it’s gonna be similar. It won’t be lower.

2 Likes

c’mon ppl 42 is KING

1 Like

I’m interested

3 Likes

does this sorta thing warrant its own thread?

2 Likes

I like how you think

1 Like
2 Likes

I can use an old broken Vanguard 42" in order to work on the mold, just need one locally

2 Likes

I have always envisioned an enclosure spanning the entire deck for a vanguard symmetrical 4WD board. I just picked up Alan’s 12s3p 21700 enclosure but it is so sick to see this come to fruition. Beautiful work Alan!

5 Likes

Haero RZaka DS enclosure done.

I’ll post pictures this week.

9 Likes

Vanguard 42" massive enclosure project has been finished, the enclsure can be ordered here

One of the ideas you I’ve been playing in my head would be to fit the cells on the big compartments, 40 cells on each pocket and use the center pockets for ESC and electronics.

12 Likes

So the switchblade gets this treatment next right? :grin:

6 Likes

Just wanted to put it out there that this enclosure wouldn’t have happened without the group buy. Unlike most group buys, we ended up paying $25 more (for the deck) to get this off the ground. Shout-out to everyone here:

Me (obviously :crown:)
@zero_ads
@haven
@OzzysPaw
@poloace
@tech.shit
@Bruce
@mdub_2001
@ablairlamb
@Avi
And of course @eBoosted

Edit: Alan has offered group buy members a discount to cover the cost of the deck in the end. It all worked out!

17 Likes

I saw an interesting idea in another thread…

I’m intrigued by this idea - but also:

@eBoosted how tough would it be to make a version of the loaded 38 enclosure that doesn’t have that flare so it could be mounted this way.

I’d like to have my motors forward-mounted so I can drag the board around when I need to - and 12s4p is really all I need for a loaded build.

Failing that… do you see any reason I couldn’t just dremel off the flare, sand and paint?

1 Like

I intend on forward mounting. I don’t think the enclosure would get in the way if you have something smaller like BN gear drives

We’ll see. Maybe with rkp trucks it will be in the way

2 Likes

This is what i’ve been doing to the OG DS haero enclosures to make them fit the new ones. Little bit of work with the flap disc on the grinder, little bit of foam gasket, and Bob’s your aunty.

No need now tho! Can’t wait to get my hands on the new ones :partying_face:

I’ve actually been considering using my kahuas and avio (single) drive for this, forward mounting it. I think it should have enough clearance. The avio/kahua isn’t the most compact drivetrain but it’s a gear drive so it’s more compact than a belt at least in terms of distance from the axle.

3 Likes

Hello guys:
New project finished here, this time it was a collaboration between @IDEA and eBoardsPeru in order to bring you an amazing deck enclosure option, something different to what is on currently available on the market as the deck is designed to use truck brackets

We started this project back in July and even though this looks like a simple enclosure to design there were several challenges and tests in order to guarantee perfect fitment and room for the biggest battery yo can fit which is 12S4P 21700.

The carbon fiber deck can be ordered from Tom’s via PM and the enclosure from my website here

24 Likes

Will these have mounting holes pre-drilled? As the deck and enclosure are matched?

1 Like

Unfortunately no, the inserts will need to be drilled by the buider.

Maybe Tom can predrill and preinsert the nutserts, in this case I could addapt the enclosure to match the holes, but would be up to Tom.

3 Likes

Beautiful work :heart_eyes:

4 Likes