E-Freeboard Freebord Open source Electric Caster

6 Likes

That your indiegogo? Looks sweet!

1 Like

Not sure why I would be liking my own instagram posts. I will have to scrape together the couple hundred dollars for the kit when it is launched and snag the early bird deals.

See more detailed answer on my plans here

Iā€™m very interested in their slip ring solution and how the caster bearing block looks.

Im over here. Fucking a man. Not really fucking a man. You know what Iā€™m saying.

1 Like

interested in more details about how your fucking, Amen :pray:

1 Like

So be it then. Where the hell is @billgordon when I need him. On his knees of course.

2 Likes

Do you have a freeboard?

1 Like

prob hanging with this dood

yeah man read the damn thread LOL

supposed to have 3!

2 Likes

Iā€™m just making small talk. This is our first real date.

4 Likes

Fucking dopeness man.

1 Like

sheet I forgot about this! I need to import the bindings model he sent me also.

1 Like

@cfelzien

here is one of the self balancing ideas

and here is the one I was referencing in the other thread, this second one is what I find more interesting and practical.
I think adding it into the more standard summerboard could just be dangerous but also might work fine.

1 Like

I read it. I like the spring trucks. That would be legit

1 Like

Man thereā€™s a lot going on with center to end to center. Donā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t work. I personally donā€™t have the skill set for said coding. Iā€™m the nuts and bolts guy. Haha

1 Like

haha I canā€™t write a single line of code, the idea would work with standard VESC self balancing I believe, but it would need to work sensorless through a slip ring so thinking about itā€¦ it might not actually be possible unless I make the battery part of the rotating module like the original idea (removes slip ring).

I could try getting one of the capsule slip rings with 3 wires at 30A and 6 at 2A possibly.

1 Like

Like a center pivot sprinkler works. Gotchaā€¦ farm kid here.

1 Like

Like this

1 Like

no, they generally make those cheap capsule slip rings for EITHER power or data (especially at that standard 22mm) but not both because that is more complicated having different conductor sizes inside.

I said I wanted 3 wires at ~30A and 5/6 for sensor data >2A

You can find some industrial ones like that but they are super pricey, and I could make my own but dealing with the small brushes and their rings would be fucking horrible (still might do it tho)

This is why it is much simpler to remove the slip ring and put the ESC, battery, all inside the module if I want to use a sensored motor. Same weight of the board after all but the module becomes cumbersome.

1 Like

Ahhh, gotcha. I think. Either way I think it can be done. You have my permission. Your welcome.

1 Like
2 Likes