damn foot hooks and everthan
^^^
Everyone watch this last one at least!

4 Likes

holf the fu

lol
1 Like

highkey design goals with the 105mm wheel here

Man all those old videos are gold, they must be older than me ! And the dude is french, nice !
I wonder what he’s becoming right now

1 Like

wow doing animations is EZ as heck! same as video editing

need to build this prototype, after I get some simple suspension springs it could be workable.

With a spring comes the need for a backstop so that is also on the order.

1 Like

exposed gear drive.txt

oh I need to throw the 22mm capsule slip ring design together to see if it gives me any ideas.

3 Likes

here that lazy susan bearing is tested out.

Maybe I could make a design like this with the gear drive on one side and a space for a lipo pack on the other.

This could be fed charge and ride style with the slip ring optionally or have it be removed for wet weather or jumping.

1 Like

Would this work better if the IMU /VESC was inside of the rotating wheel module therefore simplifying it to work with standard self balance code?

What’s your endgame on this Quinn? Always been interested in these boards. At some stage do you hope to make / sell DIY kits for them?

1 Like

At this second I could probably painstakingly recreate a leiftech/summerboard. It seems to give a amazing experience that I am not sure my current 7 wheeler will be able to match or exceed in every way.

Really soon I should try making a slip ring near identical to theirs using a method I mentioned above, 3D printing the brush holder instead of having it be a PCB for more rapid prototyping as well as integration with other parts of the module. I just need to find the correct beryllium copper to order. I also could make something like the one that DRIFTBOARD has with small diameter copper rings and brushes stacked vertically on the pivot shaft of the caster.

This is to say I will make something, and it should be as good to ride as the other electric freeboards or better.

When I am doing things here I am trying to keep a larger scale in mind, nothing too intricate or hard to make will be possible until I am more working revisions into this project.

1 Like

oh answering the question, my designs will hopefully be able to be produced by many people that could distribute them completer or otherwise but preferably anyone with a 3d printer and a longboard (plus everything else to make an esk8) will be able to make a electric freeboard.

A nearly fully 3d printed electric caster module is pretty feasible, but once you start jumping on the thing you’d rather metal.

1 Like

Still didn’t answer it,

yes I might.

1 Like

Another idea to throw out here: What if I flipped the center wheel suspension aspect around and made a solid E-Caster in the middle and made suspension for the outer two casters??

50 kilograms [MOQ] :joy:

Just a 2kg “sample” 

1 Like

I think these should be my wheel/hub motor of choice actually.

cheap, high performance compared to other hubs, people already have them and it would be useful for a board if you took it off this for some reason.

1 Like

Beryllium copper becu buy for sale.

2 Likes