E-Freeboard Freebord Open source Electric Caster

twas hiding right there all along

uugghghh so fucking hard to understand before you try

as you can see here the top surface is flat and the corners are bent down

not sure why I have not done this already. :man_shrugging:

fairly close, hard to tell what is from the picture misassignment.

2 Likes

this video from the time before time

Alright I’m giving up on everything I’ve worked on here and I’m making one of these:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1862772184/hoverskater/faqs

haha acutally looks like his design could use an electric caster wheel, maybe with suspension or a big soft tire… wonder where he could find one of those :thinking:

1 Like

bonjour je viens de rejoindre ce forum. c’est super

2 Likes

@alexincorsica @Balta_6

attrape le!!!

2 Likes

Hello Man, très cool de voir tes vidéos sur ta planche, encore plus cool de voir que tu es francais !
Ce forum c’est surtout pour les skates électriques mais pas que non plus, si tu as un projet en tête que tu veux partager n’hésite pas !

1 Like

For international sourcing these look like an identical wheel profile to the JMK ride version. I know someone found theirs like this on Taobao also.

oh while searching I see these

without the nice rounded profile but it could be ground to have it. It is the correct diameter at least.

you know what my dumb ass was thinking that would work. It has no spinning axle duh. Well I’m gonna leave it here for you to see.

Electric freeboarding on the Driftboard drive kit prototype with Joshua Jackson AKA SlideJumpSlide

2 Likes

Hey guys. I have been away from tinkering for a long time. I have a lot to catch up to. Yall have been busy !
I wasnt happy with the belt system, its hard to have it well tensioned. So i bit the bullet and ordered direct drive motors.
This is where i am so far.

I hope you are all well
Cheers
Alex

3 Likes

Awesome! I would love to see something come out of this project, I love riding my freeboard so I’m also looking to electrify it!

2 Likes

I panicked because i realised suddenly that those new motors have a hall sensor connection. And my sliprings only have 3 wires.
I tried running them only with the 3 central wires, and it seems to work.
But anyway a 3d printed flat slipring with gold plated metal rings might still be the best, and flattest, way to go.
If the whole wheel system is tightened with a common bolt like on a freeboard it is probably the least ratlling system.

1 Like

bye bye $750
http://www.drftb.com/

3 Likes

t to come post the same picture :joy:
Moflon MC330 slipring gets used

1 Like

ww w.moflon.c om/mw.html

1 Like

Did you back this Quinn?
Being the guru in this stuff, what’s your opinion on it? Interested in these (snowboarding background) but never ridden them. Not common here.

2 Likes

I am waiting because I want to see if I could buy it without the battery and ESCs…

It is pretty much just a hub motor Summerboard with more standard electric skateboard electronics.

2 Likes

First assembly looks good. I will tweak a few things here and there but the idea seems okay.but I have no idea hiw strong it is.
Next print will be petg if it works okay.
Tje global height might be an issue though

3 Likes